Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements?

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Man, I have been looking for a used rototiller for years to no avail. Every time I hear of one, it's from someone who says "Look what I just found!" I watch the papers, Craigslist, garage sales, farm sales, auctions, and I have been coming up short for years.

I decided I'd really like a small tiller for the BX and s rear snowblower if I could find some nice ones gently used, but at this rate I'll be stick buying new. For seasonal implements such as these, I can't see spending that kind of money. Any pointers?

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #2  
Well it sounds like you have been working it hard, the only other thing you might try is hitting some of the dealers and seeing if they have a trade in unit or do a search on tractorhouse, equipmenttraderonline or fastline and see it there are any there for sale.

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #3  
Keep an eye out for them in peoples yards. If you see one, go and ask if they either want to sell or if not if they know of anybody that does. It's one of those things of you won't know if you don't ask.

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #4  
Put a WTB on craigs list? It worked for me on a cultipacker. May work for you. It wont cost you anything. Place a new add every few weeks.

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #5  
The best way to find a good used one is to buy a new one. You are guaranteed to find an incredible deal soon after using the new one once or twice.

I gave up of finding used and have bought new...

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #6  
Keep an eye out for them in peoples yards. If you see one, go and ask if they either want to sell or if not if they know of anybody that does. It's one of those things of you won't know if you don't ask.

Ditto on that, seek and you shall find.

Steve

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #7  
The best way to find a good used one is to buy a new one. You are guaranteed to find an incredible deal soon after using the new one once or twice.

I gave up of finding used and have bought new...

This is what happens to me. I could look for years, never find anything but junk. Buy a new one and will see a good used one on the way home from picking up the new implement. :eek: :D

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #8  
I hate to say "look what I just found", but... Check out this listing John Deere 650 Tractor. He has a 3 point snow blower on a JD 650. I believe he will seperate them, because he had it listed with a tiller that I bought from him yesterday.

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #9  
All my finds have been "Drive By".....i'm on the road for my job so I like to stop at dealerships and walk the lot whenever I get the chance...This spring I was walking at my favorite shop (they have the most used equip) and they had a gently used Sovema 72" that I couldnt pass up for the price..

/ Any Tricks to Finding Used Implements? #10  
Plows and rototillers are something that I'd rent unless I found good ones for not much money. I used the rotary plow on my Gravely exactly twice. I've used the soil ripper (that a friend of mine gave me and did the machine shop work to convert it to 3ph) once for tilling and once with disc hillers to make raised rows. Now, it sits parked in the basement of my carriage house. I practice no till; it's better for veggie gardening.