Time & Money Pit Showing Progress

/ Time & Money Pit Showing Progress #1  

parallel

Bronze Member
Tractor
None... yet.
We went over to the house yesterday to take care of some issues. As we are buying the house "as is" it is our responsibility to do so. The VA inspectors report didn't have anything on it that we didn't already know about and in fact I found a problem with a seal between the tank and the bowl of one of the toilets and a problem with some loose tiles in the kitchen that the VA inspector didn't find. The flooring is going to be torn out anyway so it doesn't really matter. The only problem is that I want to install the new tile and/or hardwood floors myself and in order to be able to do so the existing floors will have to pass inspection (this is why we spent time & money to steam clean a carpet that I wouldn't allow my dog to live on). Anyway, I'll get the tiles fixed only to tear them out in a few weeks. We had the toilet fixed and the plumbing under the sink in the kitchen fixed as well. While we were at it we had all new plumbing installed in the kitchen including a new Kohler cast iron sink, Kohler faucet and new quiet technology garbage disposal (that thing is so quiet that I thought that it wasn't working). The place is starting to look pretty good! We went over today and I used my truck to rip out an old (poorly built) wooden deck that was in that back yard. We were afraid that there would be snakes under the deck... it turned out though that the only residences were a bunch of carpenter bees, a frog, a lizard and a baby rabbit. The rabbit took off as I began pulling the deck out of there with my truck... the poor thing ran right into the fence head first. It hid in a corner and didn't move until we left the house. When we returned this evening it was gone (probably back into its burrow where the deck used to be). The lawn is in need of some serious TLC. It looks as though Hurricane Gustav took its toll and no one was around to fix the fence and control the weed in the lawn. Anyway... here are some updated pictures. I can't wait until I can post some with the new flooring installed... because then it will be done! Can you tell that I'm NOT looking forward to installing it?

kitchenizzy.jpg

newsink.jpg

breakfastnookfromkitche.jpg

denizzy.jpg

foyer.jpg

olddeckhookeduptomytruc.jpg

olddeckhookeduptomytruc.jpg

Camo Bunny!
babybunny.jpg

housefromthebackfence.jpg

/ Time & Money Pit Showing Progress #2  
Looks like a fun project but the little item in denim and red is what will really be the money pit in the next 15 years. Expensive but fun to watch grow.

/ Time & Money Pit Showing Progress
LOL... you got that right! And he isn't even old enough for motorcycles and boats yet.:)

/ Time & Money Pit Showing Progress #4  
It looks very nice already. Nothing like a new home working together to build a marriage. I have always said the definition of a good marriage is "giving in when you know you are right." Best of luck to you with your projects.