451 sickle mower

/ 451 sickle mower #1  

Squhead

im looking for parts for a NH 451 sickle mower....mainly the connector link on the cutter bar drive.....any ideas on online salvage parts..?? or does anyone have parts for this mower..?? thanks for any help

/ 451 sickle mower #2  
Pretty much anythig you need for that mower can be bought at a NH dealer. They'll usually have to order it, it'll take about three days, and it will be pricey....but it will work. You can get teeth/cutter bar parts from lots of places but other than that you pretty much have to go to NH. I run an old NH 456.

/ 451 sickle mower
thats what im finding out....NH wants 150 for this part....mower aint worth much more than that....looks like thats where i might have to go to get it....seems to me like there should be a bone yard for old parts somewhere on the net....but i guess not...thanks for replying to my add..

/ 451 sickle mower #5  
There are a couple versions of the 451. The first was merely a re-hash of the earlier model 450. They were sold new BEFORE New Holland was "SPERRY New Holland" . (60's/early 70's) I've got one of the earlier renditions. New Holland still supports the 451, but SOME parts on the earlier serial numbered models are not available. (BTDT, retro-fitted a few parts on mine) Any decent working 451 will sell for a minimum of $400 here. One in good shape, even the earlier versions, will bring much more. Mine is 38 years old, has cut literally thousands of acres, and I've recently passed on an offer of $900.