Satoh Buck S470D

/ Satoh Buck S470D #1  

myavo

Tractor
Satoh Buck H470D
I've recently inherited this tractor but have been running it for about 12 years for the previous owner. I've done light duty mowing with the flail mower attachment.
With only 270 hours on this machine and my familiarity with it, I'm looking for suggestions as to the practicality of installing a blade on the front for snow clearing and horse manure management here on my place in rural Camas, washington.
Does anyone have experience with this particular type of project? Any suggestions on who might be able to do this conversion locally (Portland, OR area) and any other insight to share? I greatly appreciate and await your responses..
Pete

Attachments

• sherwood feb09 002.JPG
    sherwood feb09 002.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 869
   / Satoh Buck S470D #2  
Welcome to TBN!

I run a similar Mitsubishi (MT180D) and equipped it with a frt plow.
The plow is 6ft wide.
The big trick is to obtain a 'straight line push, eg keep the push arms parallel to the ground otherwise if arms slant down from the tractor you tend to jack the front with loss of steering.
I dropped the front bumper in order to achieve that parallel push and as a result I can plow wide open in high gear, just like a PU would.

Cheapest plow would be to convert a used PU unit and adapt.
In my case since I weld and am well tooled, I fabricated my own unit an very happy with it.

Good luck, and enjoy!

/ Satoh Buck S470D #4  
I've recently inherited this tractor but have been running it for about 12 years for the previous owner. I've done light duty mowing with the flail mower attachment.
With only 270 hours on this machine and my familiarity with it, I'm looking for suggestions as to the practicality of installing a blade on the front for snow clearing and horse manure management here on my place in rural Camas, washington.
Does anyone have experience with this particular type of project? Any suggestions on who might be able to do this conversion locally (Portland, OR area) and any other insight to share? I greatly appreciate and await your responses..
Pete

I have a Haban 54" dozer blade made specifically for mits tractors. It has hydraulic lift cyclinder and manual angle settings. The unit which is new & unused has a mounting kit for a MT 372. I have gone thru the parts and the unit is complete. I posted pictures on another TBN thread. If you have an interest in the unit let me know. jasgolf@gmail.com

In the bottom right you can see the frame they use so that the "push" is achieved coming from the rear of the tractor.

View attachment 137394

more pictures on the following thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mitsubishi-satoh/136868-need-haban-belly-mower-mounting.html#

Last edited: