What's my tractor worth?

/ What's my tractor worth? #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
Ok, so I know there are alot of these threads on here and I've read through most of them. But still not 100% sure on pricing. Now I know prices greatly depend on the region. I'm in the Northeast were prices are very high. I'm thinking of selling my 05' 3320 with 300x loader and 448 hoe. The tractor has 240hrs is up to date on all maintenance and needs nothing. I also want to sell the attachments for it. I've got a pair of horst forks( which work on 3000 or 4000 series) an 84" landscape rake an landpride 72" rear blade,woods 65" gb box blade, and loader mounted snow plow and a brand new woods brush bull 60" rotary mower. Now from what I've seen for prices and advice from my dealer I'm thinking the tractor with loader an bh should be worth 23k. Now I'd like to sell it as a package and was thinking that 25-26k would be fair. So what do you guys think?

Matt

/ What's my tractor worth? #2  
I would rethink the idea of selling everything as a package, you will get a higher return selling the implements individually. As an example, how many threads have you read where forum members are having a hard time finding good used implements?

All the equipment listed is a top name brand and should sell quickly.

Steve

/ What's my tractor worth?
I did consider selling the attachments individually. My dealer thinks I'm low on my price yet there trade in offers are down right offensive. I'd lke sell quickly and I own everything free and clear. I looked again on machine finder today and I think it's a good price (although I am a bit biased). How does one except payment for such a large item? I paid by bank check but don't know if I'd feel comfortable with doing the same with all the fraud out there.

Matt:confused:

/ What's my tractor worth? #4  
I would offer it as a package but also list the attachments at individual prices. You could wait to sell the attachments after 1-2 weeks if the package is not sold. Not too many people want the whole package. I would even offer the BH as separated attachment. I probably would not sell the tractor until the BH was sold, unless you got a very good price for the tractor. The BH is just too unique to sell later by itself because it is for JD only. I think your price is reasonable but I would go slightly higher. Then you can come down some when buyers want to bargain a little. Same goes with all the attachments. I will always bargain unless I feel the buy is too good to hassle over. (Even then I will try a little). Your equipment is in premium condition. Clean it up well and sell. You are still significantly cheaper than new.

I agree, trade in prices are usually rediculous. I recently sold my JD 3720 for over $8000 more than some dealers offered for trade in. It was a 2006 with 370 hours and excellent condition. The buyer still got a good deal compared to new and no taxes.

I may try and sell the attachments seperatly but I want to sell the how with the loader and tractor for sure. Unless someone wants to offer me close to new prices for the hoe alone before the tractor sells. Rad where did you advertise your machine? My dealer doesn't do consignment so I was thinking of trying craigslist.

/ What's my tractor worth? #6  
I used craigslist. I have also used the local paper in the past but craigslist is free and you can post several pictures. Paper ran about $50-60 for a month for printed ad in my area.

/ What's my tractor worth? #7  
r u wanting to get a new one? would some of ur stuff not work on your machine? i wish my 3520 had a 448 instead of 447 and i could have used it on 4x20 series as well

I'm looking to get a JD 110. The 110 uses ss bucket attachment and the 3pt attachments are not wide enough for the 110.

Matt

/ What's my tractor worth? #9  
I did consider selling the attachments individually. My dealer thinks I'm low on my price yet there trade in offers are down right offensive. I'd lke sell quickly and I own everything free and clear. I looked again on machine finder today and I think it's a good price (although I am a bit biased). How does one except payment for such a large item? I paid by bank check but don't know if I'd feel comfortable with doing the same with all the fraud out there.

Have them do a eltetronic bank transfer. Have your bank call you when the funds have cleared.

/ What's my tractor worth? #10  
Have them do a eltetronic bank transfer. Have your bank call you when the funds have cleared.

That is what I did when I bought my 3320 used. JD finance is one top notch organization. Over the phone we verified what S/N I was paying off. I gave them the banking and routing numbers off of a check, and they directly withdrew the funds from my account. They gave me a confirmation number over the phone and a few days later I received written confirmation of the loan payoff.

Easy.