Ford LGT 14D

/ Ford LGT 14D #1  

hnettles

Yesterday I purchased a Ford LGT 14D garden tractor at an auction. It has a 3 cylinder diesel engine, which someone told me was made by Kubota, but that is not verified. The 44 inch, 3 blade mower deck is definitely made by Kubota, model number RC44-G, serial 30844.
The tractor has the following numbers on a plate:

T002203 Product ID
9607255 Model #
7230B Unit #
E643-03476 Engine
"Made in Japan"

I went to the New Holland web site in search of information, and found that they have owners manuals and service manuals available for this unit. But.. (there is always a but, isn't there?) I need to know if this is a 1987-1988 model, or a 1989 up model. Different owners manual, different service manual. Can anyone tell me how to decipher a year model out of any of the id numbers listed above? Any help would be appreciated, as well as any information about this model garden tractor.

Thanks in advance,
Henry Nettles

/ Ford LGT 14D #2  
hnettles,
This may be of no relevance, but I owned a Ford LGT145 until recently. It was a late 70's model, 14HP gas, hydro tranny. I was always able to get parts for it at my nearest Ford/NH dealer. Solid tubular steel frame and cast front and rear ends! However, I was always told that my unit was manufactured by Jacobsen (sp?) and that parts could be crossed to a Jac dealer. FWIW /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

/ Ford LGT 14D #3  
Henry,
The engine was made and or designed in 1986. But, all that means is that your tractor wasn't made before 1986. That is all that I can tell you from this information.
Jerry

/ Ford LGT 14D #4  
this is a shibaura engine.go to tractordata.com

/ Ford LGT 14D #5  
but my freind said that this thing takes too much oil compred to other models in the market.