Front loader bucket quick connect

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #1  

jeffgreef

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall, Gibson, Windolph, Simar, Bear Cat, Vaughan, Howard
I recently saw a Korean LS tractor with what the dealer called a quick connect at the loader bucket. Throw two levers behind the bucket, it falls off, leaving the loader arms and hydraulics behind. He said it's a universal connection device that's used on skid steers, and that snow throwers and other attachments can be attached to these, giving you the ability to raise and lower your implement with the loader controls.

Who among you has experience with these loader quick connects?

Is this an option with most manufacturers now?

Do they work well?

Problems?

Thanks
JG

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #2  
If it's a standard Skid Steer Quick Connect then yes it is practically universal. They work great and allow you to change between attachments such as buckets, forks, grapples and post hole diggers in a few seconds. I have them on all my machines and would never buy one with out them. Most manufacturers either offer them as standard or options. John Deere also offers it'sown system which is one reason I would not buy a Deere that had that system. Proprietary systems are out.

Andy

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #3  
I have one also, and now couldn't live without one. I will caution you, however, that just because you can attach it to your loader doesn't mean your tractor can use it. Generally speaking, SS attachments use ALOT of hydraulic flow (which most tractors can't match) and are built to take abuse from skidsteers (much too heavy to effectively use on a tractor).

But with all that being said..... they are great for changing from bucket to forks to grapple, etc.

Attachments

• Kobota 008.JPG
    Kobota 008.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 1,562
  • Kobota 006.JPG
    Kobota 006.JPG
    427.6 KB · Views: 1,148
   / Front loader bucket quick connect #4  
I recently saw a Korean LS tractor with what the dealer called a quick connect at the loader bucket. Throw two levers behind the bucket, it falls off, leaving the loader arms and hydraulics behind. He said it's a universal connection device that's used on skid steers, and that snow throwers and other attachments can be attached to these, giving you the ability to raise and lower your implement with the loader controls.

Who among you has experience with these loader quick connects?

Is this an option with most manufacturers now?

Do they work well?

Problems?

Thanks
JG

As the above posts indicate, it is common, usefull and works very well. Another thing to consider is that you can buy a skid steer to 3 pt adapter which will allow you to put a 3pt hay spear, blade ect on the front of your tractor. The 3pt toys are less expensive and easier to find than the skid steer alternatives.

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #5  
I recently saw a Korean LS tractor with what the dealer called a quick connect at the loader bucket. Throw two levers behind the bucket, it falls off, leaving the loader arms and hydraulics behind.
Do they work well? Problems?

Thanks
JG

I have that on my Landini (Korean LS tractor) - likely identical to the one you saw. It works beautiful, no problems. Takes about 15 seconds to drop the bucket. :)

Attachments

• bucket connects.jpg
    bucket connects.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 1,161
  • P1050819.jpg
    P1050819.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 677
  • P1050821.jpg
    P1050821.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:
   / Front loader bucket quick connect
Thanks for your input. Looks like another 'gotta have' when I finally buy a tractor, that is, if I can afford one with it.....

If you get a loader that does not have the quick attach, is there an aftermarket kit that bolts onto the loader arms to give you the quick attach? Or, do you have to buy a tractor with loader with quick attach already on?

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #7  
its a gotta have. But on the flip side, its getting pretty common as standard equipment on anything but the small tractors

Some tractors you can put it on aftermarket, though from the looks of the one I have, better to have the dealer do it.

You can find thousands of threads on the subject on here

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #8  
Thanks for your input. Looks like another 'gotta have' when I finally buy a tractor, that is, if I can afford one with it.....

If you get a loader that does not have the quick attach, is there an aftermarket kit that bolts onto the loader arms to give you the quick attach? Or, do you have to buy a tractor with loader with quick attach already on?

There are aftermarket conversions to at the SS QA you your loader but you still have to modify your bucket. Also, the after-thought conversion will push your bucket out further, reducing your lift capacity. Make sure you buy your tractor with it. If the particular model you are considering does not have it then strongly consider a different one.

The QA is a must have!

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #9  
I have the ss qa on my fel. Money well spent! Bucket to forks in 30 seconds!

/ Front loader bucket quick connect #10  
There are aftermarket conversions to at the SS QA you your loader but you still have to modify your bucket. Also, the after-thought conversion will push your bucket out further, reducing your lift capacity. Make sure you buy your tractor with it. If the particular model you are considering does not have it then strongly consider a different one.

The QA is a must have!

This is very good advice