Equipment pricing

/ Equipment pricing #1  

John Weaver

Silver Member
Tractor
2000 JD 790
Does anybody know of some sites to locate pricing for equipment (Land Pride, Woods, etc.) The manufacturer home pages usually do not have prices. Even list prices would be good to get an idea of pricing before calling a dealer. There is a good site at Lawn & Leisure at www.jdlawns.com
showing JD pricing. Thanks, John.

/ Equipment pricing #2  
I agree with you, but the information is too hard to find. The reason is not clear since several dealers just sell list and others will give you a better price. I found a couple of sites on the web that have a lot of implements, but they are non name brand.

I worked an agreement where I bought the tractor for pricing on implements for one year. One dealer priced them at invoice plus 10% and another at best price he has sold comparable unit during the past 12 months or so. This has worked very well and I have checked the prices before buying expensive items. So far it has saved me about 10% over just walking in and getting an asking price (I hate that game unless you have time to play it).

That allows me to get prices in a few minutes or a range of brands or models very quickly and to find out things like the Woods HD Tiller is the same except for color as the Bush Hog and the price is $100 less on one of them./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif