KUBOTA BX25 WONT START

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #1  

EAGLE1PAR3

Tractor
KUBOTA B7800 HST
Strange happenings with BX25, bought this in April from Messicks, I did the 50 hours service @ 42 hours, all went well, dropped FEL and BH. Reinstalled FEL 2 days later for a digging project and noticed the tractor would shut off when i left the seat, It usually stays running unless you are operating the PTO which in this case I was not. 3 days later I turned the key and nothing happened, turned it back to the off position and waited a few second and tried it once more and presto, she started, wnet about my business and thought nothing of it. Today, a week after my 50 hour service, and now at 50 hours of use, after mower for 1 hour and turning the compost, I parked the tractor and came in for dinner, after which I was going to finish up some light digging and much to my surprise she doesnt start again. I turn the key and nothing, when I get off to look under the hood about 5 maybe 7 seconds later I hear a click, starter ? celluniod ? I am stumped, any ideas? Seems odd right after the 50 hour service the tractor shuts down when I leave the seat, I used to be able to start it while not even in the seat, then this stating issue, cant say they are related but i would guess there is a link.
Maybe Messicks reads this and gives their input
thanks
Greg from Pa

Last edited:
   / KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #2  
Sounds like to me that you have an issue with your seat safety switch. All your symptoms seem to point back to your seat.

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #3  
The click 5 to 7 seconds later is likely the fuel cutoff solinoid resetting. The delayed click should be heard whenever the tractor is shut off. The delay is to make sure the engine is dead before resetting to the "fuel on" position. This is completely normal.

I have had to replace the relay and the solinoid (twice) so know firsthand. BTW, keep the high-power spray from a power washer away from the solinoid.

The switch under the seat sure sounds like the culprit given the symptoms you decribe. (Agree with thavil.) You didn't power wash it as part of the 50 hour service, did you?

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START
Thanks guys for the info, went back out to fiddle with the 3ph and thought I would give it another try, standing on the side of the tractor, turned the key at she fired right up, three times with out a problem. I will try again saturday and see what happens, I will also check into the seat safety, thatnks again guys

Greg from PA

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #5  
Make sure you are not nudging the PTO engagement lever out of it's fully parked position. I've done that a few times with my rear end resulting in similar symptoms..., and my rear isn't all that large!

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #6  
This happened on my BX24. It was the kill-switch on the PTO. Wasn't making contact. Still happens from time to time and I just have to jiggle the PTO lever to get er to start.

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START
Fired right up this morning again no problems, will look into the seat safety and PTO, thanks for the ideas guys

Greg from PA

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #8  
I had a starting problem today for the first time in the year I've owned the BX2660. Today was also the first time I've used the rear PTO. I had to move the PTO lever to the rear position (selecting the mid PTO) in order to get it to start. As long as the lever was forward (selecting the rear PTO), it would not attempt to start.

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #10  
I have hosed my down many times and no issues. Most times if it (BX24, same engine as 25) does not start it is the PTO lever.