50 hour service done ct225 filter exam

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #1  

unclesalty

Bronze Member
Tractor
09 ct-225 w/loader
I Didn't find anything interesting in my filters after the service. I cut both hydro filters open and checked them out. No grit, metal dust or anything. I'm relieved but a little dissapointed. BTW my new filters are a different color than the originals. The filter under the tractor is (kioti) orange and the one by my foot is grey. They both came right off with a strap wrench. I prefilled the bottom up before spinning it on.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #2  
Unclesalty, Thanks for the info, did you change out the fluid or leave it? Was there a noticable power difference between the 25 and 27hp units?...(You may be the most qualified person to answer this question.)

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #3  
How long did it take you to perform the service? What did it end up costing. I have got it to do in the next week or two.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam
Unclesalty, Thanks for the info, did you change out the fluid or leave it? Was there a noticable power difference between the 25 and 27hp units?...(You may be the most qualified person to answer this question.)

I bought 10gals of premium utf from tractor supply but I didn't change out the fluid. My dealer says They don't do it at 50 hrs, only the filter change. (The dealer wanted 55.00/2.5 gal of hydro fluid, Only 49.00 for 10 gals at tractor supply.). I gave up my manual with the old tractor and the new one didn't have one. They are mailing me my old manual back. Is seems the manuals are on back order with the tractors...I want to do the front axle maint and I will change the fluid out at around 200 hrs, It'l take about 2 years.
As to the difference 25/27 I don't think there's too much. I got lucky, I think my 25 hp tractor was a lemon. The dealer had it for service and said there were no problems. There is a night and day difference between the 2 tractors, I had my sales guy ride em both at delivery and even he was shocked at the difference. My old tractor had no power in reverse, It couldn't pick the 6' bush hog completely off the ground and It would stall if I took too big a bite with the loader. It was burning more than 1 gal/hr diesel. The new tractor has 12 hours on the first full tank, flys in reverse and if I take too big of a bite with the bucket, the tires will dig their way to Korea! I can pick the bush hog off the ground with no problems.
I'm a happy camper!

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #5  
I have the 25 horse version. it seems to have enough power, however, I did go through 5 gals of diesel in 5 hours. I was working the machine pretty hard plowing new ground for food plots and bush hogging some protty nasty stuff. Dont know if this will be the norm. The machine is sooting up the left loader arm a bit also. As far as power goes, no problem with the hydraulic power and I dont have a problem spinning the tires in low range. I dont even want to know if the 27 is better..Kinda pissed I got duped out of that one. oh well gotta be happy with what I got..

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #6  
I Didn't find anything interesting in my filters after the service. I cut both hydro filters open and checked them out. No grit, metal dust or anything. I'm relieved but a little dissapointed. BTW my new filters are a different color than the originals. The filter under the tractor is (kioti) orange and the one by my foot is grey. They both came right off with a strap wrench. I prefilled the bottom up before spinning it on.

I did my 50 hr. service yesterday also. Filters looked good also. found just a few metal grounds on the magnet where the fluid drains from the mid PTO. My dealer agreed that the manual does call for fluid as well as filters to change at 50 hr. break in. Also am I the only guy that had a lot of trouble finding all the grease fittings and getting them to take grease?

So far very happy with my 235.

Last edited:
   / 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #7  
I also did my 50hr service along with loading of my rear tires. My big filter had much more metal in it kind of slimy grey grime no chips. I know one thing my filters were the hardest filters I had ever taken off in my life!! I grease my tractor all the time prob atleast every 5 hrs or so.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #8  
Just got a quote for 50 hour service from perimeter bobcat of atlanta...$550...Told by service manager that I had to use bobcat fliuids and that they were tinted, so if there was a waranty issue, they would be able to tell if I was using the (appropriate) fluids....I'm outraged!!

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #9  
Just got a quote for 50 hour service from perimeter bobcat of atlanta...$550...Told by service manager that I had to use bobcat fliuids and that they were tinted, so if there was a waranty issue, they would be able to tell if I was using the (appropriate) fluids....I'm outraged!!

Finding that hard to believe and possibly, slightly immoral and illegal.

What I do is buy THEIR products. I'd save the receipt and take a few photos. You won't have $100 in in, likely. Foolishness.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #10  
I had the local dealer quote me the parts for the 50 hour service the other day. It was just over $100, but that included the inner and outer air filter which are not due until 100 hrs. or 1 year and also included their engine oil. I also had them quote me service and it was about $250 including parts. According to my manual and my dealer, you DO NOT change the Hydraulic Fluid at 50 hours. You DO change the Engine oil. This seems to be a point of confusion, but If the dealer is telling you to replace the Hydraulic Oil, you should check your manual before spending your money if it is not really needed.