Question about a Bedliner

/ Question about a Bedliner #1  

DEWFPO

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
I asked the parts guy at my dealer how much a bedliner was and he said they don't make one for the D series. He called Bobcat directly and they said the bed size changed on the D series and the bedliner for the A,B & C series doesn't fit.

He recommended Rhino Liner. Easier said then done. I'd have to trailer it somewhere and the folks I have talked to about my short bed pickup want stupid amounts of money for what it is. I know I can buy a home kit and do it but I have this thing about scraping up perfectly good paint on a new machine.

Did the bed size really change between the C & the D series?

DEWFPO

/ Question about a Bedliner #2  
Hey, what are your goals for a bedliner? I had a Linex bedliner installed in mine prior to delivery... I was looking for a forgiving but tough surface... it's been great, bulletproof to all my loading... But just wanted to mention my bedliner is for good and bad inherently sticky and inhibits release of some materials when dumping. At the dump bed's full tilt, I'm out there hand coaxing the last of some of the debris. Just wanted to mention this aspect as you make your plans.

/ Question about a Bedliner
Hi Gadgetnut,

I want to be able to load loose material, tools and materials in the back of the Toolcat without scratching up the bed. This new Toolcat already came with plenty of rust on it straight from the dealer.

I have previously had a polyethylene liner for a old Ford pickup that I had and it worked great, it was slippery so you could move heavy loads around fairly easily and it was easy to empty loose material from it as well. You just had to make sure you strap loads down.

The Line-X, Rhino-Liner, etc.. type of bedliners are high friction with is great for cargo stability but not so great to clean out well.

I have 750 lbs. of bagged sand that I plan to use as ballast and I want something between it and the paint. The bags always leak and there will sand all over the bed after a short period of time.

DEWFPO

/ Question about a Bedliner #4  
I fitted nine of these landscape blocks into the back of my TC with room to spare at the end of the bed. The blocks are resting on a "stall pad" and you can see the 2x4's stove-bolted to the sides of the bed. (The sides of the bed are pre-punched with square holes.) I have a hinged OSB panel that fits over the top to keep the snow and ice from getting among the blocks. These blocks weigh about 67 pounds apiece. The blocks are color and position coded so I can repack them. The blocks and stall pad can easily be removed for the other 6-9 months. I keep the 2x4's in place at all times just to protect the bed sides.

Attachments

• HPIM0798.jpg
    HPIM0798.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 218
  • HPIM0800.jpg
    HPIM0800.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 256
   / Question about a Bedliner #5  
I had same need...got same answers from dealership...had same concerns about spray in liners. Finally ordered a rubber mat from J.C.Whitney, cut it to size, and it works great. It can also be removed easily for cleaning. I've subsequently seen a nice rubber mat at Tractor Supply which I would have preferred (it's much thicker). Only problem with the mat is that it tended to slide out when I dumped. Solved this problem by installing a couple of L-brackets over the mat and bolting the brackets into the pre-drilled holes in the siderail. Cheap fix.

/ Question about a Bedliner #6  
I am not sure what the difference is on the new vs older toolcat. When I was buying mine the dealer had a older used unit with a liner. I bought a rental unit. I said I would make the deal if he put the liner in mine. He first said OK and right after said he was not sure it would fit. He checked and said it was different. He said he checked and none are made for the newer model. I may do the mat from Tractor supply also. I have some plywood and 2 by 10 sides in it now.

/ Question about a Bedliner
I was seriously considering a stall mat, only problem is I have to mail order it since the farm supply store in our town closed a few years ago and the shipping alone was about $40 just for the mat, but that may be my best option.

Thanks,

DEWFPO