GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins?

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #1  

Jody Marchand

Just bought a new Kioti CK35 HST with L130 loader and was wondering what's the best grease to purchase for the loader pins that withstands good impact and doesn't squeeze out quickly, any help or suggestions would be great, I know that applying grease frequently with any kind of grease is good but I'm sure there's a good grade grease on the market available to do a better job at keeping the friction/wear down. Thanks
Also I forgot to mention that people have told me that 5% Moly Caterpillar grease is really good stuff Thanks

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #2  
I don't think it really matters, just keep 'em greased. Im sure HighBeam will chime in since he goes thru about a tube a week:D

RD

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #3  
I agree with the any grease is better than no grease philophy. My dealer recommends High temp.

rimshot

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #4  
Moly grease is probably the best from the standpoint of machine longevity. And, in a purely industrial environment I would specify it in a heartbeat.

I don't use it for my home-based tractor because I have found that no matter what grease I use, blobs drop off the tractor and sometimes get tracked around on the bottom of my shoes.

If I use the non-moly red grease I have a chance of cleaning it off the carpet if I track some in, with the black, highly staining moly grease, I would have no chance at all of cleaning it acceptably.

For me it is purely an economic choice -- the cost of new tractor parts and bushings times the fairly low probability of needing them in my lifetime is less than the cost of new carpets times the much higher probability of needing them if I use moly grease.

Sometimes, the lowest-cost route is based on factors other than just equipment life.

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #5  
I know I could read the manuals for some of this but the sage of experience is a better source: What are some good guidelines for overall maintenance of a tractor and implements? How often to grease the FEL, tractor? I know most implements would be on an "as used" basis but what is best for the major units?

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #6  
I use Mobil synthetic.

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #7  
I use moly grease, get it at TSC and it's relatively cheap too.

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #8  
I know I could read the manuals for some of this but the sage of experience is a better source: What are some good guidelines for overall maintenance of a tractor and implements? How often to grease the FEL, tractor? I know most implements would be on an "as used" basis but what is best for the major units?

The experience of this sage says to read and follow the operator's manual. The folks who authored them are paid to assist you in getting the best performance from your machine. (Or at least get you through the warranty period without failures if possible)

/ GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins? #9