Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements?

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements? #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
Do you know if CAT skid steer quick attach is the same as Bobcat and I would then assume it will fit the Kubota QA setup? I have a CAT bucket to put on a Kubota with grapple setup.

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements? #2  
If the Skid Loaders are universal mount, then yes. I think most CAT and Bobcat stuff has been.

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements? #3  
In my experience almost all of the "universal" or "skid steer" attachment systems are interchangable but there is one possible incompatibility which is the width of the receiver bracket on the bucket. For most attachments I recall it is about 44 inches (just my memory) but some companies (Kioti) make their buckets with only 40 inches of width in the bucket receiver. That means that a Kioti loader will pick up a standard bucket (being narrow on the tractor side is still compatable) but a more standard width (eg 43 inches or so) adapter on a skid steer would not be able to mount the narrow mount Kioti bucket. The pin system has a lot of flexibility but the receiver width can sometimes be an issue. As I recall Kubota is more like the true skidsteer dimensions but you might double check the Cat bucket.

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements?
Thanks guys, I will verify the QA CAT bucket dimensions. I am going to use 44" as a ball park number.

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements? #5  
I have a Cat york rake on my kubota. Older. (on front QA). As I recall, not looking at it, it is a little different from the "universal" but still hooks on no problem.

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements? #6  
I have only had compatibility problems w/ bobcat brand "bobtac" systems. This is due to interference between my ATI adapter and the bobcat system. On a traditional bobcat skid steer, each attaching foot is independent of each other. On my ATI adapter, there is a cross beam connecting the feet. It's this cross beam which obstruct the feet from seating properly on bobcat plates. I've had to have the bobcat stuff I bought modified to fit properly.

You may not have the same problem w/ your QA system but there is a subtle difference between bobcat and universal in my experience.

Last edited:
Do any of you have the Kubota QA and if so what is the outside width of the QA? I checked the CAT bucket and it is 46" or was that 45", I've already forgotten.

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements? #8  
Do any of you have the Kubota QA and if so what is the outside width of the QA? I checked the CAT bucket and it is 46" or was that 45", I've already forgotten.

I haven't measured the Kubota QA but I'd be very surprised if it was more than 44". Again, the odd duck here is the Kioti QA which is so narrow. It is good to have an inch or two clearance as it makes it easier to hook up but when you have 4-6 inches extra clearance (like my Kioti), it means that with side pressure the implement can slip sideways. The implements don't come unhooked when they slip but they are off center.

I haven't measured the Kubota QA but I'd be very surprised if it was more than 44". Again, the odd duck here is the Kioti QA which is so narrow. It is good to have an inch or two clearance as it makes it easier to hook up but when you have 4-6 inches extra clearance (like my Kioti), it means that with side pressure the implement can slip sideways. The implements don't come unhooked when they slip but they are off center.

The CAT bucket QA is 44 1/2" so it should work fine.We did order the used L3940 HST with loader, QA, Gearmore grapples, TnT. The tractor is a harvest tractor with 29 hours on it. Anxious to try the HST plus.

/ Kubota QA compatible with Bobcat, CAT brand implements? #10  
Rat my L39 has the Kubota QA and I have been using a Bobcat brand bucket and forks from day one. I think you will be fine with the Kubota QA. Glad you found a tractor for the community.

MarkV