3-Point Hitch BX2660 3-point height

/ BX2660 3-point height #1  

racolton

Tractor
Kubota BX2660
I just bought a BX2660 on Tuesday and decided to hook up my 48" box blade today (Worksaver SBX-4)... It was a pain to get on, mostly because I had to lift the box blade up to get it into the holes. I figured the 3-point would lower more once I got the box blade attached, but it didn't - even with me standing on it in addition to the weight of the BB. In the lowest position, the eyes are 10" off the ground and my box blade is still 4" off the ground. In the highest position the eyes are 26" off the ground, which seems excessive. Is there something wrong with my 3-point?

Attachments

• Box Blade Down.jpg
    Box Blade Down.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Box Blade Up.jpg
    Box Blade Up.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 301
   / BX2660 3-point height #2  
It could be any number of things including 1) MMM height dial not set at zero 2) Are there 2 setting holes in the lower arms? You could be in the set that doesn't allow it to drop as far 3) top link needs adjustment or 4) I believe there is a mechanical adjustment to control how far they can be lowered. Somebody else might have a better answer for you if none of this helps.

/ BX2660 3-point height
Hmm, I wonder if there isn't something wrong with my box blade...

Note that the difference between the SBX-4 (3-shank) vs the SBX-5 (5-shank) - I wonder if I can have the dealer will let me trade my box blade in for a proper fitting one...

Attachments

• SBX-4.jpg
    SBX-4.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 295
  • SBX-5.jpg
    SBX-5.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 307
   / BX2660 3-point height #4  
I have a BX1860 and I'm 90% sure the 3PH is the same. I'm guessing it's the blade itself. The MMM dial should have no effect on the 3PH lowering all the way, nor should the valve to adjust how fast it drops as long as its not fully closed - I'd check that it's open enough just in case.

I will say that with my back blade and rake, it would help if the 3PH would drop a little lower. So, I had a machine shop drill two more holes in the lower arms about 1.5" closer in to the tractor for the vertical links to hook into. Now I can use the closer holes to gain some added drop ("gain added drop" sounds like a paradox, but you get my drift :)) A pretty easy fix that adds more versatility to the BX 3PH.

/ BX2660 3-point height #5  
Looks like the box blade mounting is the problem. Mine looks like the 5 ripper. Sometimes when I go down hills the box blade will come off the ground. I think if I had the 4 ripper it would not hit the ground either

/ BX2660 3-point height #6  
It could be any number of things including 1) MMM height dial not set at zero 2) Are there 2 setting holes in the lower arms? You could be in the set that doesn't allow it to drop as far 3) top link needs adjustment or 4) I believe there is a mechanical adjustment to control how far they can be lowered. Somebody else might have a better answer for you if none of this helps.

MMM height has nothing to do with the rear 3 pt. it only prevents mmm from going down with 3 pt if set at top position.

There is another control on the right side, turn it counterclockwise i think in the direction of wide arrow. this will lower the 3 pt. carefull- if you turn it alll the way it will go crashing down- so heed my advice, feather the 3 pt lever.

you should never have to lift implements up to the 3pt lower arms. the 3 pt arms will go down on its own, but slowly. I am sure its the control. The other possiblity is that the lift links going on the lower links are not hooked up to the upper arms to movable arms. There are closed hooks on the side that looks like tractor tie downs that can move those arms to to prevent the 3 pt from moving down.

/ BX2660 3-point height #7  
I would try to trade it - the other blade looks much better. I agree with the other post - usually the problem with the BX is the implement might not go high enough. When I first bought my rear blade I had the top link too long and the thing was only a few inches off the ground.

/ BX2660 3-point height #8  
I just bought a BX2660 on Tuesday and decided to hook up my 48" box blade today (Worksaver SBX-4)... It was a pain to get on, mostly because I had to lift the box blade up to get it into the holes. I figured the 3-point would lower more once I got the box blade attached, but it didn't - even with me standing on it in addition to the weight of the BB. In the lowest position, the eyes are 10" off the ground and my box blade is still 4" off the ground. In the highest position the eyes are 26" off the ground, which seems excessive. Is there something wrong with my 3-point?

I just posted the same thing on my BX1850, I suspect that even though the BB are rated as Cat 1 they are made with the mounting pins to high. Mine the eyelets are around 10 - 10 1/2" high fully lowered also.

Roy

/ BX2660 3-point height #9  
Although it is painted Red, it is a four foot Worksaver.
The flat bar is attached to the top of the HSS cross tube.
I'm using it on a GC 2610 TLB and it seems to work fine
as far as height adjustment. I wonder if yours might be a CAT
0 mount location?

Attachments

• DSC08019.jpg
    DSC08019.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 345
   / BX2660 3-point height #10  
I am having exactly the same issue with my 2660 - the hitch is not going all the way down. I'm really irritated about this. There must be an adjustment wrong somewhere.