B7100 Rear Work Light

/ B7100 Rear Work Light #1  

Tig

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota, B7100HST-D
Last year I had to snowblow by moonlight twice. Today I finally installed the work light I bought. To make room in my limited electrical power supply I replaced my headlight bulbs with LED 1156 equivalent. The lighting is adequate forward. I unplugged the rear light and plugged it into the halogen work light. Engine off test went fine. I turned the engine on, tried again and blew a 5A fuse. After that, no lights, not even the flashers worked.
Looking at the schematic this makes no sense since they are on separate circuits. But what ever, it is what it is. I'll figure that one out later
I after doing a quick check on wire gauge, I installed a 6A fuse and all seems well.
I have 2 questions for the B7100 owners out there.
What did you do to wire and power a work light?
Did any one use the "work lamp" circuit. If so where is the wire?

Last edited:
   / B7100 Rear Work Light #2  
I'm not sure if the wiring harnesses are coded the same or not, but I can tell you which it was on the 3400. Under my fenders there's a set of unused wires, one male and one female bullet connector.

The wires comes from the fuse block and pair off to each fender. It's a yellow wire with red "triangles" or flecks along it. I thought it was solid yellow at first, but it does have the red marks every couple of inches. The ground wire is black as usual.

My work light fuse is a 10A, a 55W halogen light should draw less than 5 amps at 12 volts.

Chilly

/ B7100 Rear Work Light #3  
When I had my B7100 also had the same problem,so I purchase light w/toggle ran wire from battery and inline fuse I believe 6amps,never had problem afterwards.

/ B7100 Rear Work Light #4  
Last year I had to snowblow by moonlight twice. Today I finally installed the work light I bought. To make room in my limited electrical power supply I replaced my headlight bulbs with LED 1156 equivalent. The lighting is adequate forward. I unplugged the rear light and plugged it into the halogen work light. Engine off test went fine. I turned the engine on, tried again and blew a 5A fuse. After that, no lights, not even the flashers worked.
Looking at the schematic this makes no sense since they are on separate circuits. But what ever, it is what it is. I'll figure that one out later
I after doing a quick check on wire gauge, I installed a 6A fuse and all seems well.
I have 2 questions for the B7100 owners out there.
What did you do to wire and power a work light?
Did any one use the "work lamp" circuit. If so where is the wire?

Just curious for my own benifit. Is the alternator adaquate?

/ B7100 Rear Work Light
Chilly. I'll have a look around. There is a wire back at the left fender. I'll meter it out.
Thomas, I considered that and may fall back to that plan.
Bigdad, I think the dynamo puts out 14 or 15 Amps, but I would have to look it up again to confirm. The max I need to power is a rear work light, LED headlights and flashers. That should be less than 9 amps. I could even drop down to a 35W worklight bulb and still see fine.
I'm out of town now. When I get home I'll have to get the meter and book out and finish this up right. I really should get this on the work lamp circuit with a switch. I decided to wire it up before I left so that I would be ready for any snow that comes along while I'm gone.
Thanks for the info and ideas guys.