LED Work light

/ LED Work light #1  

kuboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
B3200, L5740,
I am looking to put on a few extra lights on my B3200 but I want to avoid overloading the 15amp alternator so I want led's because the have such a low current draw. Does anyone have any experience with led work lights? Are they as good a decent halogen? Are there any available with a built in switch?
Thanks to anyone that has any info.:D

/ LED Work light #2  
I put 3 12 watt LEDs on my L275 (whimpy 40 Amp alternator) - two in front and one on the rear. Excellent bright and very white light. I'm really pleased. Bought them from Autolumination. About $60 each. Searched TractorByNet for some good threads on this and others recomendations sent me that route.

Here's a link - about a third down the page, round 4 1/2" x 1.5" 6 x 2 watt units.

Semi-Truck, Trailer, Bus LED Light Bulbs

Since they're such low amperage I didn't bother with relays.

/ LED Work light #3  
I also like the idea of LED's just can't afford them right now. I have a few LED flashlites and think they're great.

A little off track, I was watching the news this morning and they were saying what a terrible time they're having with directional lights in the country. Seems the new lights get covered with snow so bad that no one can see what is what. The LEDs don't put of the heat like the old setups so the snow sticks to them.

/ LED Work light #4  
I agree LEDs are the way to go - I used what i had on my last tractor so i used them and although not LED "work lights" I did install a couple of LEDs on my ROPS turning signal bracket so when I vernture out on the street when I plowed snow the on coming traffic will see me. Man are these things bright!

Attachments

• DSCN0351.JPG
    DSCN0351.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 1,399
   / LED Work light #5  
I put 3 12 watt LEDs on my L275 (whimpy 40 Amp alternator) - two in front and one on the rear. Excellent bright and very white light. I'm really pleased. Bought them from Autolumination. About $60 each. Searched TractorByNet for some good threads on this and others recomendations sent me that route.

Here's a link - about a third down the page, round 4 1/2" x 1.5" 6 x 2 watt units.

Semi-Truck, Trailer, Bus LED Light Bulbs

Since they're such low amperage I didn't bother with relays.

Those are pretty slick. Any chance of posting or emailing some night time photos?
Thanks,
j

/ LED Work light #6  
I'll try to remember to get some night shots. Suffice it to say they are pretty much like the photo on the Autolumination website as to brightness. The neat thing about LEDs is how bright and white the light is. Feels like daytime! Here they are on the L275;

copyofcimg3839.jpg

/ LED Work light #7  
JB, do you find that snow sticks to them while blowing? I chose halogen for the worklight and replaced my headlights with LED to free up amperage on my dynamo.

/ LED Work light #8  
JB, do you find that snow sticks to them while blowing? I chose halogen for the worklight and replaced my headlights with LED to free up amperage on my dynamo.

No sticking problem - but I've only blown twice. Last time the whole tractor got coated by blown snow - couple inches thick on the hood. Maybe the lights are high enough that it wasn't a problem. Its good to get out of that darn over-heated cab and into the fresh air once in awhile anyway, so if I have to wipe them off it won't be a big deal.

/ LED Work light #9  
No sticking problem - but I've only blown twice. Last time the whole tractor got coated by blown snow - couple inches thick on the hood. Maybe the lights are high enough that it wasn't a problem. Its good to get out of that darn over-heated cab and into the fresh air once in awhile anyway, so if I have to wipe them off it won't be a big deal.

<sarcasm> You poor soul, it must suck to be warm and dry when clearing snow. AND facing frontwards to boot! </sarcasm> :)
j

/ LED Work light #10  
I am looking to put on a few extra lights on my B3200 but I want to avoid overloading the 15amp alternator so I want led's because the have such a low current draw. Does anyone have any experience with led work lights? Are they as good a decent halogen? Are there any available with a built in switch?
Thanks to anyone that has any info.:D

I hear ya kuboman.
My Kubota B7800 has a 14.? amp dyno in it.
I am presently running two 35 watt incandesant utility lights pointing rearward,
but I usually only run one at a time.
I want to add two more lights pointing forward, but I'm affraid two more 35 watt lights would be too much for the 14.? amp dyno.
So after some googling I found and just ordered four 12 volt LED Utility Lights P/N 1492110 $33.46 each from Kaffenbarge Truck Equipment
(1492110) 12 Volt LED Utility Light - Truck Equipment, Truck Bodies, Truck Accessories & Equipment Parts - Kaffenbarger Truck Equipment Ohio Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, New Carlisle
The LEDs are a Buyers Product (Northern Tools also sells them, online only about $40).
I contacted Buyers to find out the amperage, they said they are about 1 amp for each Light assy, if true thats about 12 watts each, I think.
Hope to have them installed before the next snowstorm.
Just hope they are bright enough too.
I'll give ya an update once they're installed.