Tractor Names?

/ Tractor Names? #1  

BigDave

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33D
I'm about 24hrs from buying my first CUT. Several years of pricing, comparing, and convincing the wife are quickly coming to an end. Now the hard part, what to name my new baby. I don't want to use anyone else's name, but I would like to hear what or if people have named their tractors.

I'm going with a NH TC33D, and the leading candidate names so far are "Tulip" and "Lil Mule."

/ Tractor Names? #2  
My little Kubota is "Rising Sun". The old one was "Ole Drippy".

My wife thought it should be named, "Kub". Wonder where she came up with that?

/ Tractor Names? #3  
How about "The Tractor". This isn't awfully creative but it'll get you by until you come up with a more personal name.

/ Tractor Names? #4  
My one is called "The New Holland" and another one is called "Massey" and then there is "Johnny" and don't forget "Allis". I don't talk to any of them but when I refer to them these are the names I use.

/ Tractor Names? #5  
Congratulations on your decision!

Here's a previous thread <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=114447&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Name Your Tractor</A> that has a lot of names in it.

Good luck on choosing a name. I'm saving all of these "name" threads so that I can review when I finally get my tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Although, <font color=blue> FunBuggyII</font color=blue> wouldn't be bad, would it? /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Tractor Names? #6  
Hey Garry....making any progress toward that tractor purchase? Can't wait to see your thread announcing your tractor purchase to the whole TBN world. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bob

/ Tractor Names? #7  
<font color=blue>"...making any progress toward that tractor purchase?"</font color=blue>

Hi Bob!

Well, not really...but....maybe. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif Still looking real hard and still collecting lots of info.

If you recall, one reason that I was going to have to wait for 3 years was because we were planning on traveling for one year after I retire. Well, that may have changed. We may not do that, and if we don't, then I'll definitely be getting my tractor in under two years. The other factor was getting out from under the payments for our kids cars. Well, one of those is over in September and the other in October. I figure after putting away the "extra" money for awhile (gotta try to recoup some of those stock market loses!/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif), I'll be in a little better shape to begin laying the groundwork for the purchase.

I try to be an optimist, and I keep telling myself that something will happen very soon that will allow me to buy now!

<font color=blue>"Can't wait to see your thread announcing your tractor purchase to the whole TBN world."</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I've thought about that too! I figure that after it taking so long, and so many guys (like you /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) being so supportive, I'd have to do something a little more unique than the average announcement that we see. For example, I thought maybe I'd just make a change to my signature and see how long it took for someone to notice. Or maybe just post a photo of the top 3 finalists and see if everyone could figure out which one I got.

Anyway, I'm always open to suggestions, and I probably have sufficient time to decide. I do know one thing, though. There are a few individuals that will know (and will be sworn to secrecy!) before I buy. These are the guys that I trust the most and will look to for advice in making my final decision. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad to hear you're having good luck with your 4710! I always look forward to seeing what you have to say about it!

/ Tractor Names? #8  
Don't call it a name call yourself LUCKY. Anyone who has one is pretty darn lucky. I know I have my "Baby'Bota".
-Terry

/ Tractor Names? #9  
Garry...

Thanks for your candidness.

<font color=blue>I figure after putting away the "extra" money for awhile (gotta try to recoup some of those stock market loses!), I'll be in a little better shape to begin laying the groundwork for the purchase.</font color=blue>

Yep...the market's been taking most of us for a ride and I think for many of us our long term plans for retirement and big purchase items have been pushed to the back burner. I had always been concerned about this. While it's great when the market goes up and just about everyone is making a boat load of 'new wealth', little do we realize is that it's only on paper. That wealth effect now is impacting many of us, in reverse this time, and you're not the only one impacted by this. I try to see the positive in this...that there are more and better things in life rather than accumulating paper profits, like the people in our lives we care deeply for. This should always be our number one priority and for me at least the market downtrend has had a positive effect and a good one at that /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

<font color=blue>Anyway, I'm always open to suggestions,</font color=blue>

How about something not all that fancy but that pricks us all with some good feelings like your subject line reading something like "Golfgar4 DID IT and Buys His Tractor" with your prominent smile emoticon or two attached. This would bring a smile to my face.

Bob

/ Tractor Names? #10  
Mine is simply "my Deere." Every once in a while I'll see a raised eyebrow when I say something like, "I can hardly wait to get home, take these clothes off and hop on my Deere." (say it out loud)