Buying Advice Is This Tractor Worth It?

/ Is This Tractor Worth It? #1  

hubie1

Really need a new tractor. Always wanted the blue one. There's one near me and here are the details: 2003 New Holland TC-45D Tractor-Loader 4wd with super-steer option. Was babied with only 156 hours & garage kept. The condition is excellent & like new, needs nothing. $ 17,990.
The owner is firm on the price but says there is a post-hole digger that comes with it. I have not seen the unit yet, and it don't believe the bucket id QD, but it does have a tooth bar. There is also a f/mower that comes with it but the pics are not impressive. The tractor, however, looks as advertised.

My question: Is this worth the money considering the hours? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hubie

/ Is This Tractor Worth It? #2  
Do a search on tractorhouse.com for the model, it seems to be a good price.

/ Is This Tractor Worth It? #3  
That's a very good price for a tractor that must have not been used much at all. Most of us who use our tractors all the time would put that many hours on our tractors in only one year. If it has been kept in a garage, it's practically new. I don't mean to suggest that this is so, but such low hours on the clock might also be an indication that the instrument panel was replaced under warranty due to internal condensation. I'd sure ask why the tractor was used so little and expect an answer that made sense.

The tractor and loader alone sold for around $24k when new. Be sure to check the battery area since this is before NH modified the battery to reduce problems with acid vapors. Also, be sure to ask for the Owner's Manuals for both the tractor and the loader since they are separate.

BTW: If this tractor had 500 to 750 hours on it, I'd expect to pay $15,500 to $16,500 for it. I think the price is good because this tractor is hardly even broken in. Essentially, it's a new tractor that just doesn't have any warranty left.