United Box Blade

/ United Box Blade #1  

Dirtysailor

Tractor
JD 2210
The JD dealer where I bought my 2210 last fall has United Box Blade in 48 and 66 inch. They are ~300 and 350 # resepectively. I was looking for reviews of these box blades from the collective knowledge basee at TBN. They cost $300 and $400 respectively. Its duty will include 1/4 mile driveway maintenance (every year), some grading after I get a retaining wall built and some road maintenance for my dog club. Should I get one or look at others?

/ United Box Blade #2  
I have used the box blades and for leveling ruff grond they work well,but I prefer my rear back blade for my 1/4 mile drive.I can angle it to crown the center much better.Hope this helps

/ United Box Blade
Due to the other needs including hard pack maintenance and rear ballast weight I am pretty firm on using the box blade. Just looking for info on the brand, but I appreciate the info.

/ United Box Blade #4  
I have not seen a United box blade in person, but I have looked at them online.. Im also not an engineer by anymeans, but the support bar from the top link to the rear of the blade doesnt look that stout to me.. Maybe someone can can tell me if im mistaken or not

Brian

/ United Box Blade #5  
I agree the 3 point top link area looks weak. 3 things I have learned with box blades is buy one with a stout top link that is gusseted and plated. Get one with captive lift pins not regular lift pins, and spend a little extra. I know guys who have torn out he rippers and folded them up, especially backing up, in the first 10 minutes they owned them.

Chris

/ United Box Blade #6  
With a 2210 I wouldn't worry about the top-link bracing. You might want to upgrade to the HD(heavy duty) from the SD(standard duty). It has a lot more bracing and captive pins. Check the width or your tractor, I believe it's just under 48". The 66" will be too much IMO. The 4' blade shouldn't cause any problems, it will still bring the tractor to a stop if angled too aggressively. The width will also allow you to leave it on as ballast for FEL work.

/ United Box Blade #7  
With a 2210 I wouldn't worry about the top-link bracing. You might want to upgrade to the HD(heavy duty) from the SD(standard duty). It has a lot more bracing and captive pins. Check the width or your tractor, I believe it's just under 48". The 66" will be too much IMO. The 4' blade shouldn't cause any problems, it will still bring the tractor to a stop if angled too aggressively. The width will also allow you to leave it on as ballast for FEL work.

I'll add something here.

Are you using a quick hitch?

I looked at some of the United units just the other day. The "standard" series is not built to cat. 1 specs as far as the lift pin spacing. The pins were only about 23" apart (instead of 27"), and the height to the top pin was off, as well.

What they call their "HD" series appeared to be on target with respect to the cat. 1 specs.

/ United Box Blade #8  
I have a United Box blade. :thumbsup: Model 448HD. I use mine on 1100' of gravel driveway. I use mine on a New Holland TC18. This blade would be a good match for your 2210. There are pics in my photo gallery.

Solo

/ United Box Blade #9  
I think Everything Attachments sells United. Check out their web site and give them a call.
Let's support our advertisers :thumbsup:

/ United Box Blade #10  
I think Everything Attachments sells United. Check out their web site and give them a call.
Let's support our advertisers :thumbsup:

If the OP can get one from his dealer at as low a price as he stated in the first post, that is a lot less expensive than anything I have seen online.