Electrolyte level alarm

/ Electrolyte level alarm #1  

loesshillsruss

Tractor
Kubota L4150
OK, new problem (for me) - Alternator on my L4150 died and I ran the battery down. I had the alternater rebuilt, reinstalled it, jumped the tractor and let'er run. Found at that point the Batery was doa. Just replaced the battery (stole it out of my for-sale JD 70 row crop) and tractor started Great. But-my Alarm for the 'electrolyte level' is on. The levels are ok and it has a full charge. This appears in the owners manual to be something that hooks to the battery. I am at a complete loss and fear to use the 'bota for fear of breaking something else......
So does anyone have even the faintest idea what the heck is happening????
Thx,
Russ
PS. Hoye in Villisca, Iowa, is more than 2 weeks overdue on the ordered First Choice RFM. Got instant reply from Pieter however, indicating some were enroute to Illinois.

/ Electrolyte level alarm #2  
Russ,

I am not familiar with your setup. I have a similar indicator on my Kawasaki Voyager. The battery has an extra hole that the sensor goes in.

The way that it works is that the sensor rod makes contact with the elecrolyte and completes the ciruit. When the electrolyte is low the circuit is open and the indicator light comes on.

On the Voyager there is nothing that happens when the sensor is disconected except that the annoying light is on.

I hope this helps you,

/ Electrolyte level alarm #3  
On the L4150 series the sensor was made into one of the caps, when it came battery time most people wouldn't pay kubotas price for a battery, so they either lived with the light, or took out the bulb. neither will hurt a thing on the tractor

/ Electrolyte level alarm #4  
It will be OK to run your tractor. You might look for the sensor wires and tape them off so they don't short to something if electrically hot.

Jim

/ Electrolyte level alarm
Thanks, guys,
I think I will go grade my currently rough driveway. Since the current wiring setup is rugged at best, as they had wired in a cab heater blower,cab clearence lights, radio, cb, and two extra work light hookups (with seperate fuse block, someone was thinking!). I will work each set slowly and carefully from the fuse block, original fuse panel and lights.......as soon as I get caught up!
Again, thanks, you really come though again!
Russ

/ Electrolyte level alarm #6  
<font color=blue>I will work each set slowly and carefully from the fuse block</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Shouldn't be too hard to find since you evidently disconnected it when you changed batteries. I haven't had any experince with this but to sense the electrolyte level, the sensor has to be in contact with with the electrolyte. Therefore the wire to the sensor should be right there at the battery. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Good Luck

/ Electrolyte level alarm #7  
The newer Goldwings have the same thing. As you said, nothing bad happens if the level indicator is disonnected.