Tiller pto adapter on king kutter tiller 72in

/ pto adapter on king kutter tiller 72in #1  

JYD

Bronze Member
HI All,

I recently purchased a kk 72 tiller, and it is my understanding that I need 6 inches of overlap on the pto shaft , I am 2 inches short so I purchased a pto adapter and now I am at 6 inches.

My question is , does it matter what end of the pto shaft I put the adapter on ??

Also, the tiller is not I-match compatiable so I took the I-match off and purchased Pats quick hitch system. are you suppose to use any bushings on the pins , or do you just connect the tiller onto the hitch using the pins that are on the tiller and then put a lynch pin to prevent it from moving.

Thanks
JYD

JD 4320
Wisconsin

/ pto adapter on king kutter tiller 72in
please reply

/ pto adapter on king kutter tiller 72in #3  
My understanding is that the PTO extension goes on the end that attaches to the tractor PTO.
Pat's hitch should be attached to the tiller pins on the implement. I normally put a large washer over the pin (outside of the hitch) then install a lynch pin.

/ pto adapter on king kutter tiller 72in #4  
I also have a 6' King Kutter Tiller and have had simular issues with the PTO shaft length, After talking at length with a King Kutter Rep, I opted to buy the correct length shaft. I have seen pto extensions fail and come apart due to poor workmanship,:thumbdown: and did not want that issue. A new shaft, when measured right, will have more than the min overlap, and will be that much better under stress. Plus a better piece of mind !! I would guess that my new shaft has around 10" or 12" of overlap. I will say that I was very pleased with the help I recieved from the King Kutter Rep.:thumbsup:

/ pto adapter on king kutter tiller 72in #5  
I would have just left it 2" short & not worried about it. You still have 4" covering it.