3-Point Hitch Not sure how to repair this?

/ Not sure how to repair this? #1  

gcmedica21

Tractor
Europard Foton 404
Hi guys Newbie here,

I was using a finish mower and noticed that my top link had fallen. In my pics you will notice my top link is attached to the spot where my finger is pointing (the round item) . I don't know what it is technically called. It fell out and i was able to slightly put it back in. It screws onto a "pin" but it is still loose. Does anyone know what this items function is? Also how does one tighten this thing down more? Is is supposed to be tight or loose?

thanks for your help!!

I forgot to add my tractor info..........2005 Foton 404

James

Attachments

• DSC00390.jpg
    DSC00390.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC00391.jpg
    DSC00391.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
   / Not sure how to repair this? #2  
I am guessing this is on your Foton 404 from your profile???? If so its part of the draft control. Thats all the help I am going to be.

Chris

/ Not sure how to repair this? #3  
It's not so tight that it can't be jiggled by hand. But it shouldn't be so loose as to fall apart. Chris is right, it's part of the draft control linkage. That black rubber thing is just a dust cap, it is supposed to be held in place by the metal groove just ahead of your finger. Short of that, best we can advise is to examine the exploded parts diagram of your hydraulic sump and/or three point linkage. That may give you an idea of how it goes back together. Probably just a pin missing.

//greg//

/ Not sure how to repair this?
Cool guys i really appreciate your help!!! I wasn't sure what, if any major purpose it served. I tried and looked through the book without success. (at least for me to understand).

There are some small holes on the sides but i cant find anything that goes in them........if something was to screw in them it must have been lost sometime when it fell before i noticed it.

James

/ Not sure how to repair this? #5  
Draft control is used to make sure your ground engaging implements (plow, boxblade, etc) don't try to dig their way down to China. The purpose is to lift the implement back to some default height when it threatens to dig too deep.

I don't know which kind of draft control your tractor has, but there are at least two. One can be considered manual, the depth is controlled by little other than which hole you pin in the back. They will typically have just one lift handle up by the seat; up for lift, down for draft control. My two tractors have hydraulically adjustable control, which means two lift levers by the seat; one for lift, the other for depth.

//greg//

/ Not sure how to repair this? #6  
My Jinma 304 has a single lever TPH control, but it definitely has both draft and position control. When the lever is all the way up, the TPH is fully raised and when you start dropping the implement, the first half of the lever's travel is manual position control. When you push the lever beyond the halfway point, it goes into draft control mode and is hydraulically controlled; the depth before it automatically raises depends on how far down you set the lever. I've only used it in draft mode one time (with the box blade) but it seemed to work just perfectly.

Rich

/ Not sure how to repair this? #7  
Draft control is used to make sure your ground engaging implements (plow, boxblade, etc) don't try to dig their way down to China.

//greg//
Maybe the tractor was trying to get home!:D

/ Not sure how to repair this?
Draft control is used to make sure your ground engaging implements (plow, boxblade, etc) don't try to dig their way down to China. The purpose is to lift the implement back to some default height when it threatens to dig too deep.

I don't know which kind of draft control your tractor has, but there are at least two. One can be considered manual, the depth is controlled by little other than which hole you pin in the back. They will typically have just one lift handle up by the seat; up for lift, down for draft control. My two tractors have hydraulically adjustable control, which means two lift levers by the seat; one for lift, the other for depth.

//greg//

Ahhhh i thought both handles next to my seat were for lift......one for right side the other for left side. Man i feel so stupid! well now i have another question then......what would make one of the handles the one closest to the seat fall on its own. I can have scraper blade in air , while turning around to go back the other way, and the other handle will just fall. while the blade is still in air.

feeling ignorant,
James

/ Not sure how to repair this? #9  
If your tractor is set up like my two, the outside handle is lift/lower. The inside handle is draft sensitivity. When draft control is not needed, the inner handle should be in the full up position. Lift/lower with the outer, no need to touch the inner. When draft control is desired, that lever controls how deep the hydraulics will let the implement go - before automatically pulling it back up.

Best guess on the floppy inner lever would be a lost or loose nut on the pivot bolt. If that proves wrong, the linkage may have become disconnected inside the hydraulic box (sump).

//greg//

/ Not sure how to repair this? #10  
View attachment lifter.bmp

View attachment lifter of FOTON 404.bmp

It is lifter draft control feedback device, when you use the three point link pls adjust the longth of top link, pls check attached pictures.

Adjust lifter
1、Adjust adjusting spring(figure 4.3.8.1)
Before force adjusting spring assembly is installed into lifter housing, it should be adjusted as following: turn relatively upper pull rod connecting joint and spring rod and eliminate the clearance among all parts to ensure the clearance between A face of spring pressure plate and B face of spring rod to be 2 mm. Then insert pin. Besides, install force adjusting spring assembly into lifter housing and screw nut to make front end of force adjusting spring assembly touch E face of lifter housing. Finally, insert pin from nut hole (figure 4.3.8.1).
2、Adjust force adjusting lever and position adjusting cam of lifter (figure 4.3.8.2). Firstly, place handle of adjusting automatic draft and position on the connecting position with cut on the sector plate (i.e. the position that is vertical with base surface of lifter housing) and make the clearance between inner lifting arm and inner surface in the rear of lifter housing be 4 mm. At this time, the included angle between outer lifting arm and base surface of lifter housing is 60ー. Then adjust respectively force adjusting lever and position adjusting cam.
(1) Adjust force adjusting lever
Adjust force adjusting push rod to make force adjusting seal sleeve head touch A face. Then adjust the length of force adjusting push rod to make the clearance between control end G of force adjusting lever and end face of main control valve be 1.5 mm (at this time, main control valve is on the outmost position). After adjust properly, lock nut.
(2) Adjust position adjusting cam
Firstly, make control end of position adjusting lever touch the outmost position of main control valve. Then turn position-adjusting cam and make it touch roller wheel of position adjusting lever assembly. Under the condition of keeping contact between position adjusting lever roller wheel and cam, turn position-adjusting cam in clockwise till control end of position adjusting lever pushes main control valve to the neutral position (i.e. main control valve moves 5 mm inwards from the outmost position). At this time, the distance between control end of force adjusting lever and end face of main control valve is 6.5mm. Then position-adjusting cam is fastened on the lifting shaft by bolts.