Old Single Gang Disc Harrow

/ Old Single Gang Disc Harrow #1  

Huskerplowboy

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
Thought I'd share a couple pics of my latest addition. Dad brought it out maybe a month ago. It's a very old ("classic") single gang disc, probably 1930's vintage from what I've found online. I don't remember for sure, but I think it's close to 12' wide. The gang angle can be adjusted. The tongue on it just had a simple eylet/loop, so I picked up a small clevis for attaching it to the drawbar.

Dad brought it out in pieces in the back of his pickup, so I had to get everything bolted back together. Also had to free up the lever/pin mechanism to allow the angle adjustment to work. Got it put together last weekend and gave it a try knocking down the overfill piles on our leach field. Works well. I have it set 1 notch shy of the most agressive angle and my 2320 (24 engine HP) can pull it relatively easy. Uphill or through really soft ground gets tougher, but it'll do it fine. Makes sense, since it's the same amount of disc as a 5.5 to 6' double gang disc, which they say is compatible with the 2320. Not being a 3-point mounted disc is nice, since the pitch of the tractor over bumps and dips doesn't increase or decrease the working depth of the disc.

Should come in handy this spring since we have close to 2 acres of lawn to prep and seed once I get all the landscaping/grading finished up... Lots of "seat time" :)

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg