9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions?

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #1  

nvip9r

Tractor
Kioti CK30
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to get a 9" backhoe bucket for a decent price? They want roughly $320 + freight if I buy it from my local Kioti dealership? We have a KB2475 backhoe with an 18" bucket, but thinking a 9" would be nice to have for drainage/small trenches. Missed out on one on EBAY, and haven't found much luck with craigslist. Wasn't sure if anyone has purchase one from a different source. Thanks

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #2  
Yep. That's the going rate. I wanted one. But, just not worth the cost to me. I'll just keep making bigger holes.

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #3  
I have a 16 inch bucket on my backhoe. One of the concerns with that small a bucket is that, depending on the type of soil, often it is very hard to get the clay, wet dirt out of a small bucket like a 9". In gravel or dry dirt it should work fine. Just a couple of days ago a dug a small drainage ditch of about 30 ft and found all the dirt/clay was not getting dumped out my 16 inch, hate to think if it was only 9 inch.. It has been wet in our area and so the ground had a lot of moisture in it. Hope this helps in your decision making.

Attachments

• Woodsbackhoe05.jpg
    Woodsbackhoe05.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,029
   / 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #4  
I believe Rhino used to make the Kioti bh. Maybe their buckets or even the Woods may have the same mounting.
I have a 9" and as mentioned, they can plug up depending on the ground. They do make a nice ditch though and I use it when digging out stumps.

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #5  
~~Confused ~~
Somewhere along the line I got the message that the Kioti hoes were/are in fact made by Amerequip.

If so and IF the 9 inch is for their bigger 8 1/2 ft hoe (the 8600 model) then I could be interested - even at ~$320

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #6  
I would think about a 12" inch bucket just due to the dirt sticking problem. Also, depending on what it is you are doing in the trench, you might be able to do it faster, easier, and cheaper by using a subsoiler. Guys have successfully used these to quickly put in 2" or so pipes. If you are not familiar with this technique, search for it on here.

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #7  
~~Confused ~~
Somewhere along the line I got the message that the Kioti hoes were/are in fact made by Amerequip.

If so and IF the 9 inch is for their bigger 8 1/2 ft hoe (the 8600 model) then I could be interested - even at ~$320

You're probably correct about Amerequip. I was told Rhino made the bh around 8 or so years ago. I was just thinking the measurements might be close enough for a different brand to fit.

I thought the buckets for the bh were interchangeable between the sizes. Same part number when I bought a 20" for the KB2375 and 2385.

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #8  
You're probably correct about Amerequip. I was told Rhino made the bh around 8 or so years ago. I was just thinking the measurements might be close enough for a different brand to fit.

I thought the buckets for the bh were interchangeable between the sizes. Same part number when I bought a 20" for the KB2375 and 2385.

One thing I do know is that the Amerequip hoes are very different between 7 1/2 and 8 1/2 ft models - the 7600 and 8600 series.
Different pin diameters, lengths and spacing - NOT at all interchangeable.
There are some JD models that were built under contract by Amerequip and painted JD green too, so in all of it you MIGHT find that a JD bucket would fit.
Not cheap, but it might fit (-:

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #9  
Ameriquip MAY have made the old 1200 series hoes (early 90's), I don't know that one.
I don't believe they did, I owned an Ameriquip hoe at one time, it didn't look anything like the 1200's I have seen.......I have been wrong before. :laughing:
Companies make revisions and change suppliers all the time.
SMC (Rhino) made the KB 1440, 1550 and 2085
The newest models, 23** series and 24** are built in Korea.

The SMC bucket WILL fit the 23** and 24** series hoes.

Be aware that the 1440/1550 fits the 65 and 75 hoe.
The 2085 bucket fits the 85 hoe.

Depending on the dirt in your area...9" may not be a good choice, they are a bear to get to empty out, lots of shakin'. LOL

BTI

/ 9" Backhoe bucket purchase suggestions? #10  
You may find that a 9' bucket doesn't work with clay as mentioned above.
I made a 6' bucket for doing narrow trenches only to discover that it was hard to empty but it was great for digging up small stumps.:)
I bought the parts on line (CAD Plans/Metkit) but discovered my welder wouldn't work well on the heavy plate.
I farmed out the welding (5.5 hrs labor !!) and choked on the bill.
BUT - if you can weld, there's a place to go to get plans or parts (CAD Plans).:thumbsup: