54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660?

/ 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660? #1  

CSW

I am shopping for a box scraper for my BX2660 and a local dealer is offering me a 48" and 54" landpride for about the same price. It is a BB1554 which weighs 402lbs that I am considering.

Thanks!

/ 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660? #2  
I am shopping for a box scraper for my BX2660 and a local dealer is offering me a 48" and 54" landpride for about the same price. It is a BB1554 which weighs 402lbs that I am considering.

Thanks!
I think it will pull either one.

/ 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660? #3  
CSW,

I have a BX 2660 with the 54" LandPride BB (I think its in their BB15 Series).

It works great!

/ 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660? #4  
Agree. Either should work fine for most BB work. You will be able to load either one with so much material the tractor doesn't have enough traction to pull it, but we're talking really, really full at that point.

Only hesitation is if you have narrow spaces to navigate.

/ 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660? #5  
Agree. Either should work fine for most BB work. You will be able to load either one with so much material the tractor doesn't have enough traction to pull it, but we're talking really, really full at that point.

Only hesitation is if you have narrow spaces to navigate.

Maneuvering in tight places and hooking trees is why I prefer the 48" on mine; either will work.

/ 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660? #6  
I did quite a bit of landscaping last spring after our house was built. In our soil conditions, I found it was very easy to stop the BX2350 dead in it's tracks with a 48" box blade. This wasn't even with the box being too full, just with the level of the box set to scrape a modest few inches off the top. Oh yeah, this was also with chains on all 4 tires.

/ 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660? #7  
I In our soil conditions, I found it was very easy to stop the BX2350 dead in it's tracks with a 48" box blade. This wasn't even with the box being too full, just with the level of the box set to scrape a modest few inches off the top. Oh yeah, this was also with chains on all 4 tires.

I've never had problems like that, but that is a good point about soil conditions.

We have a lot of clay around here. The key to that is timing. If you wait until late August after three weeks of no rain to try moving a lot of dirt at one time, it will be a lot harder than if you choose a time when the ground has some moisture. Doesn't have to be wet, but baked clay is going to give you a run for your money.

Here are some pics of my first BB project...

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/147753-first-job-new-scut.html

Also, not knowing how much experience you have with tractors, (personally, I'm still on the low end of the learning curve) as you learn to adjust the angle of your BB and the depth of the shanks...you'll be impressed with what it can do. Then again, I might just be easily impressed :)