Changing Fluids & Filters L35

/ Changing Fluids & Filters L35 #1  

Keuka

Bronze Member
I purchased a used L35 in June of 2008. It had 122hrs on it and the previous owner had just changed the engine oil & filter. I don't know when or if the hydraulic /transmision fluids & filters were changed. The unit looks well cared for so I assume It's had good service.

I'm going to change the engine oil & filter and I'm thinking of using Shell Rotella 15-40. I'm thinking of staying with a Kubota Filter but welcome any comments or suggestions on either oil or filter if equal to or better are available. I would think that Kubota OEM parts are pricey but if they're worth it, I'll go for it.

Hydraulic system fluids and filter. I'm thinking of staying with Kubota fluids after reading some of the generic stories on this site. The book suggests for Super UDT but I'm not sure what's in it now. Are UDT & Super UDT the same color and can someone tell me what color they are. I'm trying to determine whats in it now.

I probably should go ahead and change both hydo fluid and filter because I have no way of knowing if the 50hr. service was performed. Any suggestions on future hydro filter change. Should I change the filter every year and just add hydraulic fluid as needed? Should I change the filter every so many hours of use?

/ Changing Fluids & Filters L35 #2  
Nothing special about Kubota fluids, I have used New Holland, Kubota, Case, Rotella and probably a couple more and yes Kubota is expensive. I just bought enough to change a couple of tractors and happened to be at the Kubota store; won't do that again I don't think. There are several threads on UDT/SUDT. I don't know the oil change/service on your tractor as for some reason the service on mine is staggered at 50/100 hours for different things, so you might want to get a shop manual; maybe some will know; good luck with your machine.

/ Changing Fluids & Filters L35
I found out the hydraulic filter should be changed at 50hrs then every 200. The fluid at 50hrs. and then every 400.

/ Changing Fluids & Filters L35 #4  
Nothing special about a Kubota oil or engine oil filter. BUT.. The hydro filters are a little scarier to replace with something else. Too many unknowns for my good sleeping. I'd go OEM on those.