Shuttle Transmission

/ Shuttle Transmission #1  

Anonymous Poster

Thanks to all of you that responded to this query. I think that I've got it. I continue to move forward in my search for the tractor that I need and that I can afford and I finally got to actually drive a Kioti 3054 today! Very impressive tractor. He quoted me $15,410 for a package of tractor, FEL, 5ft shredder, 5ft box scrapper, about $300 more than for a Kubota L3000DT from a dealer closer by. My wife asked"Is there any doubt which tractor you should buy now?" and I ask the same question of you veterans.

/ Shuttle Transmission #2  
Which do you like better?
Both are reliable tractors..
The L3000 does not have shuttle ,or syncronized transmission.

/ Shuttle Transmission #3  
For a $300 difference no doubt I'd go with the kubota. Better long haul track record, better support, better parts availability, etc. It's not worth $300 in my opinion to go with kioti for that little bit of money.

/ Shuttle Transmission #4  
Hmmm,,,maybe I'm confused,,,

they want 300 more for the Kioti and package then for the Kubota with equivalent package? That doesn't seem right, the Kioti should be substantially cheaper then the Kubota.

I'm not familar with either model tractor so I don't know what features they have. But that won't keep me from throwing my .02 in. If you're going to put a FEL on it, spend whatever is necessary to get one with at least shuttle shift, if not GST or hydrostat.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the GST trans. If you liked the shuttle shift, you'll love the GST.

FWIW
Dave Perry

/ Shuttle Transmission #5  
Try this site, http://www.littletractor.com, you can input the Kioti tractor you want plus attachments and they will give you a price, very cool. They also have package deals, here are several:

LK3054 Package 1: New Kioti LK3054 4WD tractor with agricultural tires and the following attachments.
· New 6' finish mower with 3 blades, rear discharge
· New 5' rotary cutter with stump jumper, shear pin protection
· New 55" tiller with slip clutch protection
· New 16' dual-axle trailer with brakes, jack, ramps, and new tires
All for $14,650.

LK3054 Package 2: New Kioti LK3054 4WD tractor with agricultural tires and the following attachments.
· New Kioti KL128 or Rhino 2408 front loader with 60" bucket, joystick controller, power beyond kit, all mounting hardware, and installation
· New 6' finish mower with 3 blades, rear discharge
· New 5' rotary cutter with stump jumper, shear pin protection
· New 55" tiller with slip clutch
· New standard duty 5' box blade with removeable scarifiers
· New 16' dual-axle trailer with brakes, jack, ramps, and new tires
All for $17,435.

I do not have anything to do with this company, saw an auction they had on E Bay. Wish I could find a Kubota dealer with this type of up front pricing. Carver's site is nice, but the flexibility on this site I think is cool. Now weather the prices are good or not?? Well that is something you will need to figure out!

If its a difference of $ 300 for a Kubota vs. A Kioti, I would go with the Kubota, just my 2 cents.

Enjoy!

Tom

/ Shuttle Transmission #6  
O.K. now let me preface my reply by stating that I know absolutely didly-squat about these tractors. Well ok I do know a tad bit ,but not much.

From what I've learned with ag-tractors ,do not be affraid of a well engineered quality built tractor no matter who built it or where!!

I take it the Kioti is more tractor for the $$$? If so I'd go with it. Especially if you are comfortable operating it.