3320 tires

/ 3320 tires #1  

Rob-D

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
When I ordered my 3320 I opted for the large R4 tires. I see that you can get two R4 tread patterns. One is tighter than the other. Anyone know how to specify which tread pattern I want?

Thanks
Rob

/ 3320 tires #2  
As I recall the larger size is the more curved tread R4, and the standard smaller size is the square cut R4.

/ 3320 tires
You're right I just found it. If you go to the build your own page and click on the tires they take you to a screen with photos of all the treads.
Thanks,
Rob

/ 3320 tires #4  
You're right I just found it. If you go to the build your own page and click on the tires they take you to a screen with photos of all the treads.
Thanks,
Rob

I opted for the smaller R4's for lower center of gravity and it just fits in my garage for height (with cab). Most of the 3x20 tractors sitting at JD dealers around here have the smaller R4 tires -- suspect it's because of the predominantly hilly terrain. Come to think of it, I've never seen one with the larger tires. Interesting thought though, the larger tires filled with ballast could be better center of gravity than the smaller tires filled with ballast.

/ 3320 tires #5  
I have wondered about the performance difference between the two but have never seen any comparisons. Looking at the larger size design it might be less damaging in turns on wet turf, but that is just a guess. Anybody have experience between the two in mud, snow, grass, etc.?

/ 3320 tires
Sunnyside,
I was wondering myself about the larger tires and center of gravity. I did notice they are also wider in the back which may compensate. I wonder if this will create problems with the 59" snow plow though.
I can always change back to the standard tires but my thinking has been to go with larger tires, especially for muddy or snowy conditions. If you look at the R1's you'll see they are the tallest of the bunch, also the thinest.
Anyone got the larger tires or the R1's? iwas wondering what the overall height of the larger tires is as compared to the standard tires.
My garage has an 8 foot door and I never thought about the total hieght of the tractor difference. Actually this could play a factor in my change to standards. Deere show the height as 83+ inches, could the larger tires really bring it up to 90"?

Rob

/ 3320 tires #7  
R1 is the tallest and would fit 8 foot door, taking door frame overlap into account. Close though. My 8 foot door can clear 93.5 inches.

Height From Ground (Tractor without cab, with standard R1 tires)
To Top of Folding ROPS 2.4 m (93.3 in.)

Height From Ground (Tractor with Cab, R3 tires)
To Top of Cab 2.3 m (89.4 in.)

You better find one to measure. Deere is not always very good about accuracy of their specs. I see your 83.7 inch number in their brochure. It also shows the 3120 as just 80.8 inches. Above is from the owner manual.

/ 3320 tires
Sounds like the larger tires will fit. Someone must have these, is this a new option?

Rob

/ 3320 tires #9  
Sounds like the larger tires will fit. Someone must have these, is this a new option?

Rob
They have been available since the tractors were introduced.

/ 3320 tires
They're only another $157.00, I wonder why more owners don't opt for them?