Posthole Digger Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line?

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #1  

Browns329

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, HST, LA854 Loader with QA bucket
I am still looking for a post hole digger but have not been able to find a nice used one. Here is a recent thread that I started discussing various units:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/170134-post-hole-digger-auger-bit.html

Since I have not found a nice used one nearby, I am considering buying a new one from Tractor Supply (County Line brand) or a Leinbach L7300 - either one is around $580 with 9" auger bit. The tube frame and gearbox for each of these look quite different, and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the quality of the two so that I can make a purchase soon. Just looking at pics online, the gearbox on the Leinbach looks like some of the more expensive PHD's (i.e. Woods, Land Pride, Bush Hog), but it does not have the arched boom like the TSC model.

I would love to buy a Woods from the dealer for $1000, but I don't see that it is justified for my usage.

Thanks for any help!

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #2  
I dug about 40 holes yesterday with my new L7300 and I am happy with the PHD and the results.

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #3  
I just ordered my Leinbach7200jr from everything attachments for my bx and ups delivered 2 of 3 packages today.

I guess I won't be digging this weekend:(

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #4  
check everything attachments website. They have instructional videos on a ton of implements. Very useful.

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line?
I found the Leinbach on the everything attachments website and I also saw the video. I am just trying to make a final decision on which one to buy.

One discouraging note about everything attachments is that I e-mailed them through the website a few times about the Leinbach PHD and about a box blade and never got a response.

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #6  
They have a sticky thread here under attachments. They are a bit slow on the email. I just called Ted direct when I was ready to order. I ordered Weds morning and got my UPS tracking #s in 30 minutes. Two of the three packages were delivered today.

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #7  
I am still looking for a post hole digger but have not been able to find a nice used one. Here is a recent thread that I started discussing various units:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/170134-post-hole-digger-auger-bit.html

Since I have not found a nice used one nearby, I am considering buying a new one from Tractor Supply (County Line brand) or a Leinbach L7300 - either one is around $580 with 9" auger bit. The tube frame and gearbox for each of these look quite different, and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the quality of the two so that I can make a purchase soon. Just looking at pics online, the gearbox on the Leinbach looks like some of the more expensive PHD's (i.e. Woods, Land Pride, Bush Hog), but it does not have the arched boom like the TSC model.

I would love to buy a Woods from the dealer for $1000, but I don't see that it is justified for my usage.

Thanks for any help!

I have one from tractor supply with a 9" auger. It has served me well in the rocky/clay soil I have here. if you were closer you could buy it. It has always been stored under cover. I made a special set of legs for it. It is now free standing when it is off the tractor. I have not had any use for it in the last 2 years.

/ Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #8  
I just ordered my Leinbach7200jr from everything attachments for my bx and ups delivered 2 of 3 packages today.

I guess I won't be digging this weekend:(

I always wonder why UPS when they pick it all up from me the same day and presumably everything goes the same route, why some times it doesn't all arrive at the same time. . . :confused: PLease tell your wife that I am sorry, and that if I ran UPS, all three pieces would have arrived together!:eek:

Last edited:
   / Still looking for PHD - Leinbach or TSC/County Line? #9  
I found the Leinbach on the everything attachments website and I also saw the video. I am just trying to make a final decision on which one to buy.

One discouraging note about everything attachments is that I e-mailed them through the website a few times about the Leinbach PHD and about a box blade and never got a response.

:ashamed: Not sure why you didn't get a response? Rick's first priority is to respond to every email and answer the Live Chat on our site and 99% of the time he is very good at it. Maybe we didn't receive it, maybe our response went to junk email? PM me so I can know exactly how you emailed from the site, and why you didn't get answers.

If for any reason, if you email us and you do not get a response via email, PLEASE call me personally at 866-581-5818 and I will answer your question, and also be sure to let me know that you didn't get a response via email so that we can figure out why you didn't. Our customers are always our #1 priority.

Last edited: