Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #1  

McGeesEquip

Advertiser
This is another good reason for the use of a frontend loader and to have auxiliary remotes on your tractor units. This is a hydraulic chain saw on a 8ft. extension. The hydraulic motor runs a 5,000 RPM's and has a self oiling system that uses the tractor hydraulic fluid. I posted some information about the unit on my web site.

I have also developed discounted shipping zones for shipping various items from my site, and for a limited time the shipping will include lift gate and residence service if needed.
image.php

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #2  
The hydraulic motor runs a 5,000 RPM's and has a self oiling system that uses the tractor hydraulic fluid. I QUOTE]

Could you describe this self oiling system more?
On my chainsaw I have a resevoir that basically needs refilling every couple of hours..
I would not want my expensive UDT/SUDT to drain out that way..

thanks,
J

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw
The chain saw is designed to retact oil directy from the hydraulic driving oil (tractor hydrauilc oil). The unit does have an oil valve adjustment on it to control how much oil is being used. Since different tractors have different hydraulic valve pressure, the oiling system can be adjusted. If the chain is not in use, then there is no chain oiling.

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #4  
I'm thinking there are not going to be many takers, and in the long run....fewer keepers.
Using a chainsaw to cut limbs is a pretty delicate operation, to avoid getting the saw caught (pinched). This one will get caught often, and lead to breaking something if there isn't a good break-a-way system built in. Removing a pinched saw from high in a tree will not be an easy or safe procedure. IMO
At least on limbs the size shown in pic. Pruning up pine of limbs might be different, but will require a lot of maneuvering around a tree to do a good tight-to-the-tree pruning job.

But it is an interesting idea. :)

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw
The hydraulic motor will run forward and is reversible to help advoid pinching. Also, in the pic you see the piviting elbow. This allows for just the weight of the end bar and saw to have to be used to do the cutting. No need for keep tilting the bucket for cutting.

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #6  
Isn't the price on that $1995.00? Seems like a lot of cash for once a year use to me.

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #7  
The hydraulic motor will run forward and is reversible to help advoid pinching. Also, in the pic you see the piviting elbow. This allows for just the weight of the end bar and saw to have to be used to do the cutting. No need for keep tilting the bucket for cutting.

I don't see where reversible is going to help if the limb rotates and pinches the bar. I thought of that when I first saw this attachment.

I have really looked for a loader type chain saw for trail maintenance (thinking more toward a 48" bar running almost vertical for trimming small stuff along the trail. I haven't found any good solutions beyond a pole saw, but that gets tiring after a few miles, LOL.

Ken

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #8  
I don't see where reversible is going to help if the limb rotates and pinches the bar. I thought of that when I first saw this attachment.

I have really looked for a loader type chain saw for trail maintenance (thinking more toward a 48" bar running almost vertical for trimming small stuff along the trail. I haven't found any good solutions beyond a pole saw, but that gets tiring after a few miles, LOL.

Ken
Yes, reversing would not be helpful. However binding should be no more a problem than with a polesaw if the attachment is used correctly. Neither the tractor nor loader should be moved during the cut. That way the saw arm pivot ensures that the saw advances straight in line with its cut. Large limbs that would hit the ground and twist before being severed would be sectioned to avoid that.
larry

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #9  
Listed below are 2 websites that feature similiar saws. There are videos with instructions to watch. I believe the saw would be very helpful, but like most tools would require a learning curve to become profiecient. Larger limbs would need to be sectioned as SPYDERLK suggested to stop pinch. I have a pole saw but when it is in the completely extended mode it is a handfull for my old body to handle. With a pole saw a starter cut on the underneath side of the limb will normally stop most pinching and the limb will generally fall straight down. I believe manuevering at the end of an 8' boom would be a larger challenge than pinching.

LIMBHOG.com
Limbinator Saws Details

/ Frontend Loader Hydraulic Chain Saw #10  
These would be great for a tree trimmer. But they really need a hydraulic cylinder to pivot the end section. This would give you much more precision when placing the saw in an area to be cut.

Wedge