Kubota 2920--Box Blade Recommendation

/ Kubota 2920--Box Blade Recommendation #1  

mhart

Silver Member
I am relatively new to the tractor world. You guys helped me decide on the 2920 and it is a great machine

I have a 3/4 mile gravel driveway that I am trying to get the ruts out of, after the monsoon rain from the past week.

The 5 foot box blade seems to be working well--however, I am wondering what is the best technique for smoothing out ruts-- with or without the shanks?

Thanks in advance

/ Kubota 2920--Box Blade Recommendation #2  
I had pretty good luck with mine by dropping the scarficers as low as they would go and adjusting the top link fairly long to where the box blade was riding more on the rear blade and moving minimal material. I also adusted the control arms to allow the box blade to be at an angle to try and pull more of the material to the middle of the drive to create a crown. I made multiple passes going down one side and back up the other to pull as much material up and loose while it smothed it. I finished after loosening it up by pulling the scarficers up and made several passes just smoothing it.

We had some pot holes starting to form and a lot of fine loose type material at the top and it would get very hard when dry but then muddy as soon as we got a good rain. My process seems to have elimated for the time being both of the issues.