pop bang pop

/ pop bang pop #1  

Kitz

Silver Member
Tractor
IH 244
Hi again i have another guestion maybe yall can help with kohler 10 hp starts good timing dead on new carb kit it will idle than miss try giving gas it backfires and chokes thi is a pulling cub i have the gas tank is mounted in the front does the tank need to be above carb alot Thanks Rick

/ pop bang pop #2  
Gas tank should be above carb not unless you have fuel pump.

/ pop bang pop #3  
these old tractors have a gravity feed carb. the tank has to be above the carb or it wont work right. you can go vacuum or electrical if you want to ad a fuel pump to keep the tank where it is.

/ pop bang pop #4  
Now I'm just barely literate so a few punctuation marks can help me understand what's been written.:thumbsup:

Haven't got a clue as to what the the original problem is?

/ pop bang pop #5  
"Haven't got a clue as to what the the original problem is? "

The way I read it..one problem of back firing,follow by question height of fuel tank.

/ pop bang pop #6  
Now I'm just barely literate so a few punctuation marks can help me understand what's been written.:thumbsup:

He's just long winded! LOL

/ pop bang pop #7  
Try a new spark plug especially if yall have been using gas with ethanol i have had a lot of problems with plugs when I get the ethanol that are fixed for a while with a new plug

/ pop bang pop #8  

Lookig at your stats makes that hard for me to believe.
Egon
Super Star Member
Member of the Month
May, 2010
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ pop bang pop #9  
[makes that hard for me to believe/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's true. The more literate one is the easier they can read non punctuated sentences.:)

/ pop bang pop #10  
[makes that hard for me to believe/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's true. The more literate one is the easier they can read non punctuated sentences.:)

Then, my appoligies for giving you a hard time.:ashamed:

His post punctuated:
"Hi again. I have another guestion maybe yall can help with. Kohler 10 hp, starts good, timing dead on, new carb kit. It will idle then miss. Try giving gas, it backfires and chokes. This is a pulling cub I have. The gas tank is mounted in the front. Does the tank need to be above carb alot?
Thanks, Rick"