Buying Advice TYM experience/backhoe mount/quality, buying?

/ TYM experience/backhoe mount/quality, buying? #1  

VroomVroom

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2816 HST, Super M farmall, J5 bombardier, 230 timber jack skidder
I asked a dealer who sold a few different models for something like a b26 or a ck27 kioto or along those lines. He sent me a pick of TYM. Im not that familar with them, but was wondering if someone could tell me their experience. Also, I cant quite see it all in the picture, but was wondering how the back hoe attachment is mounted. Most have told me to get the attachment that mounts on the tractor and not the 3 pt hitch because it would rattle and shake too much? Does anyone know if tym has this, and what is the price and quality of these machines compared to kioti or kubota, mahindra?

/ TYM experience/backhoe mount/quality, buying? #2  
I have TYM 330 with about 300 hours on it. So far I had only few minor problems such as leaky oil sight and fuel drip due to loose hose clamp. I don't have backhoe on the tractor.
The dealer told me if I install three point BH on the tractor it would void warranty in the case the top link gets ripped off the tractor. The top link is not designed for the stress the BH would put on it.
TYM has frame mounted BH available.

/ TYM experience/backhoe mount/quality, buying?
Oh they do. I may call tomorrow and see what price they are offering. bx25 which I find a little too small physically is going for about 22 or 23000 taxes in here in eastern canada. And that is the hot deal lately it seems. I would like a tractor a little bigger like the one mentioned or a B series kubota or ck and so on. I will have to check into it. Thanks for the reply.

I have another question, I was reading some posts on the 273 tym and noticed people saying things like mihindra, and montana rebranded? What are they talking about?

/ TYM experience/backhoe mount/quality, buying? #5  
I have another question, I was reading some posts on the 273 tym and noticed people saying things like mihindra, and montana rebranded? What are they talking about?

TYM actually built tractors for both Mahindra and Montana at one time..

/ TYM experience/backhoe mount/quality, buying? #6  
The TYMS are fine tractors, all use framemount hoes from what I understand. The T293 is a very nice size with a lot of HP. But, if you plan to do a lot of backhoe work you'll want the heaviest tractor you can get. The Kiotis and their Bobcat cousins might then be a better fit because they are a lot heavier and have more hydraulic flow. The TYM might be better if you plan to do a lot of mowing. I think you can only get one set of rear remotes on the TYM without adding your own custom plumbing. The CK's support up to 2 sets as OEM options. This is best way to hook up a hoe too. No plumbing the hoe directly to the spool or such.

At least, this is what went into my decision making. I needed a digger. Liked the TYM better intially. But, then went with the one that had more favorable specs for the tasks at hand. Love my CK more and more with each use, now 4 years 410 hours.

Prices will probably be very close, once you count out JD, bota, and NH. So, it comes down to dealer and which one you like best.

I dont know much about these modern tractors. We have an old super M farmall. What is the rear remotes? Thanks for the info.

/ TYM experience/backhoe mount/quality, buying? #8  
I dont know much about these modern tractors. We have an old super M farmall. What is the rear remotes? Thanks for the info.

remote quick connect hydraulic outlets