House III

/ House III #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Before our ever-so-diligent leader shuts down the House II thread, I'll go ahead and start a new one. I'm hoping my self nominated position as head homebuilder on the forum is just about over. In another two or three weeks I'll just be a plain old homeowner with a multitude of tractor chores on the list /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Here's a tractor related picture of our garage with garage doors installed. The tractor (and trailer) are the lucky ones so far as they are the only in our family to spend a night in the new house. We worked on the porch Saturday and Sunday so tractor, trailer and a truckload of tools got locked up out there for the night /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 33-194795-Garage.JPG
    33-194795-Garage.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 210
   / House III #2  
Rob,

I really like the garage. I wish we had gone the route you did. The previous builder before being fired suggested and I took the advice and went with one big 16FT door and one smaller 9FT door. The hard part is trusting that we can both fit into the larger door and leave room for the tractor in the other bay.

However that is mute now as the tractor is on hold for a year or so. Just too many other expenses with a new house. So I am buying a nice pickup with snow plow for the winter and maybe nesxt fall I can look into a tractor but most likely it will be spring '04 before I can do much.

Lucky for me I have friends with lots of toys. One buddy has (3) tractors and (1) dozer. He is big on sweat equity I got some things we don't need and he could use so the trade begins. He is the right friend to have. I would take him up on the offer to buy one of his toys, but to be honest I need (and want) a new machine. I am shall we say mechanically uninclined. I just don't fix engines and such at all, so a warranty is going to be important to start out.

But that gives me time to check out the partially loved machines say 100 hours or so that some yuppie bought and didn't need.

Oh yes the house. Rock is done, the taping is nearly done. I figure next week we will have garage doors in and openers too I hope. We have basement stairs and I have to say very nice ones (will post this weekend). They are nearly main stair quality except its 2x10 lumber. Screwed together and no gaps, 4FT wide too.

/ House III #3  
About how much longer do you folks think you shall be spending your first night forever?

I'll take door number 3. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ House III #4  
AUUGGGGGG!!!! You guys are killing me! Your on your third group of posts, and I still don't eaven have a hole in the ground yet! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif We are holding on DOT for a driveway permit. Seems we need a permit from them to put in the drive, eaven though there is already one there./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Every thing else is all ready[I hope] just need them to move, and I can get my house.

/ House III
Hang in there Paul, you'll be swamped with construction issues before you know it /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif MDNY will probably finish shortly after me so you'll be the likely candidate to carry on the "House" series /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #6  
Oh, I hope!

/ House III #7  
Hey Rob,

How about moving House III over to CBN? No pun intented. I do believe the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=homebuild>Homebuilding Forum</A> was set up with you guys in mind.

I've enjoyed all your updates & pics thanks.

/ House III
Haz, I did think of moving this discussion over to CBN but life is so crazy right now that just became too hard to do. Maybe Paul will take up the slack and start his new house over there /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #9  
<font color=red>Maybe Paul will take up the slack and start his new house over there </font color=red>

Already did. Well, kind of. Just kind of a Pi@@, and moan./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Did I say I REALY want my new house?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ House III #10  
Let me guess one bay for the boat, one for the tractor, and the last for snowmobiles and atv's. Did i miss any? VERY NICE..