Ford 2120 pto trouble

/ Ford 2120 pto trouble #1  

jamescrivello

Tractor
ford 2120
I am looking for some info on repairing or replacing the one way pto clutch on my ford 2120 it does not turn. i saw a post where someone said to ingage the pto and see if the pto turns counter clockwise and if it did the one way clutch is bad. and mine does that. thanks for any help. Jim

/ Ford 2120 pto trouble #2  
If you look at my response in the New Holland section where you first posted you'll see a scan from the IT repair manual. You'll need to split the tractor between transmission and rear axle center housing (1st. sentence). I didn't even know my 2120 had such a device, but I just checked and it's true the PTO shaft will only turn clockwise, facing forward. Sounds like kind of a big job. Do you know the maintenance history of this tractor? Others of us would like to know how to prevent what you're facing.
Jim

/ Ford 2120 pto trouble #3  
Would like to get a diagram on how to repair or replace the PTO clutch in the Ford New Holland 2120 and parts needed. The PTO appears to be stopping and slipping while in operation.

/ Ford 2120 pto trouble #4  
would like to know how to or why pto wont work on2120 ford tractor was mowing an hit some cattle panels and it stopped working can engage it but it will sp[in but not at any great speed as if it sheared a pin or something what do you think it could be and how do i fix tgis problemn

/ Ford 2120 pto trouble #5  
Here's the parts page I posted a few years ago for someone, not sure if they ever did the work:
It looks like a decent sized job. Let us know if you can find the parts and get 'er done. Likely a large load would damage the clutch, like hitting a panel.
Jim

Attachments

• image-1627445994.jpg
    image-1627445994.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 1,780
   / Ford 2120 pto trouble #6  
have you checked to see if the pto shaft to the mower is spinning.. but not the mower input shaft? IE.. shear pin at input shaft and yoke?