Gravely 16-G

/ Gravely 16-G #1  

MMH

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4500
Just got a Gravely 16-G. What should I do before running it? Change engine & transmission oil? What are the capacities? Any special procedure on the transmission?

/ Gravely 16-G #2  
Just got a Gravely 16-G. What should I do before running it? Change engine & transmission oil? What are the capacities? Any special procedure on the transmission?

You have just bought one of the best riding tractors ever made. I have a 16-G. Before that a 8163G. Change the engine oil and transmission oil. I don't know the capacities off hand but would be more than happy to look them up for you. Check your forward/reverse clutches for wear and adjustment. They are on the outside of the motor. Easy to see, replace, and adjust. I don't know if yours has a foot clutch or hand clutch. They came both ways. I have owned Gravely riding tractors for over twenty years now. There isn't much I don't know about them. I can't cover it all here but if you have specific questions I'm your huckleberry. These tractors are tanks. If anything ever happens to my 16-G I'll be looking for another used Gravely. Kubota, John Deere, or anyone else makes a riding tractor even close. It's a 16HP riding tractor that weighs 1,300#.

/ Gravely 16-G
You have just bought one of the best riding tractors ever made. I have a 16-G. Before that a 8163G. Change the engine oil and transmission oil. I don't know the capacities off hand but would be more than happy to look them up for you. Check your forward/reverse clutches for wear and adjustment. They are on the outside of the motor. Easy to see, replace, and adjust. I don't know if yours has a foot clutch or hand clutch. They came both ways. I have owned Gravely riding tractors for over twenty years now. There isn't much I don't know about them. I can't cover it all here but if you have specific questions I'm your huckleberry. These tractors are tanks. If anything ever happens to my 16-G I'll be looking for another used Gravely. Kubota, John Deere, or anyone else makes a riding tractor even close. It's a 16HP riding tractor that weighs 1,300#.
Thanks for the offer. How do i check the clutches? What kind of oil does the transmission take? I guess I need to get an owners manual - whats the best place (book or electronic).

/ Gravely 16-G #4  
The clutches are gapped with a feeler gauge. I'll get you the specs. Call Buchanon's in Lebanon, Ohio. They are the Gravely guru's. They can get you anything you want. I'll sent you the number.