Deutz D4506 Axle and Engine Questions

/ Deutz D4506 Axle and Engine Questions #1  

junk collector

I am working on a Deutz D4506 4 WD tractor. It has the F3L912 engine. Very hard to find any info on these tractors on line. Was wondering what the crankshaft end play spec. was. It seems like a lot just eyeballing it, I will check it with a dial indicator tomorrow. Can the thrust bearing be replaced with the crank still in the bock?

Also when I was taking it apart I noticed the front axle pinion has a lot of end and radial play. I am guessing it runs on tapered roller bearings with shim set preload, haven't dug into it yet. Any tips on this?

Thanks much, Ron

/ Deutz D4506 Axle and Engine Questions #2  
try this contact

Johannes Gro゚e Fels
Walingen 5
48329 Havixbeck

Tel.: 0160-2805931
E-Mail: webmaster@deutz-oldtimer.de

this is a german Deutz Forum and they should be able to help you out. Guess You can ask your questions in English, too.

The 4506 A wasnエt very common, I canエt remember any 4wd 4506.

/ Deutz D4506 Axle and Engine Questions #3  
The engine is the same as used in the Deutz Allis 6240. The front axle is very similar and may have the same specs. We use the Deutz Allis I&T repair manual a lot as more is switched into inches and still has the mm. If you need a book let me know as we keep them in stock at work. We still have a lot of Deutz parts in stock as my dad sold them in the 70's and 80's. They were a good tractor but the buyout was a mess.

/ Deutz D4506 Axle and Engine Questions
Thanks for the info. I have been reading and learning on the German Deutz forum with the help of Google translate. Lots of info there.

I talked to Walt at Dr. Deutz and got the spec on end play.Walt was very helpful. Max was .023 iirc and mine measured at .008 so ok there. Sure looked like more before I checked it with the dial indicator.

/ Deutz D4506 Axle and Engine Questions #5  
I am writing from Wisconsin with a question about my Deutz 4506 four-wheel drive. I either broke an inner u-joint on the tractor's right side, front axle, or the bolts holding the yoke in place broke, allowing the u-joint to come free, with the end caps falling off. I'm trying to learn the steps for taking that assembly apart. Can you give me any directions? I'd also like to locate a parts source for u-joints and u-joint end caps. Thanks.