In the hot seat for 7 hours

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Has anyone come up with one of those air breathing seat covers for a tractor? It was only 88 or so today, but as usual my butt was soaked to the bone with sweat on that vinyl seat.

Seems like there used to be foldable air cushions for cars back before they had AC. There were wire supports inside that allowed air to circulate under your but.

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #2  
I remember using one of those on a forklift a few years back and it was a lifesaver. I think you ought to be able to find one at any auto supply store.

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #3  
Alan,

as Gary stated, the wire-framed seat cushions are still available.

You gave me an another idea with your post. I rack up a lot of miles on a motorcycle in a variety of climates.

A few years ago, seat cushions for bikes came out that formed around a "gel pack" and covered with a "breathable" shell. They WORK and are a Godsend to long distance riders. I've never seen them for any other vehicles, but... hmmm?

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #4  
hey that would be a good idea. In the winter you put in the heated seat.

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #5  
Alan,

My wife gave me an old sheep skin saddle blanket that she was getting rid of... much better then the black vinyl seat!.

Doug

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #6  
wal mart here has 'em ... cheap

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #7  
A lot of good ideas here. Here's another one (I hope /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif).

Talk to a cab driver and see what they use. There aren't many jobs that sit behind a steering wheel as long. Or maybe ask a bus driver. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Wait a minute!! I used to be a bus driver! /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif Course, that was long before anyone even thought of ventilating their butt! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I don't remember that we even used anything.

Better talk to those cab drivers! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #8  
The best you will find is Roho brand cushions. You can view them at www.roho.com. They are very expensive! As long as you make sure not to puncture the air cells, they are pretty durable. My father-in-law has to use one due to illness. That is how I learned about them. I have one that I use for long automobile trips - I haven't thought of using it on the tractor! As I said, they are the best, but good luck finding one cheap. I found mine on ebay for about 1/3 the new price.

Terry

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours #9  
A piece of thick sheepskin is like a party for your butt :)

/ In the hot seat for 7 hours
Not sure that the Roho cushions would be required. Really the problem is ventilation - otherwise the Kubota seat is comfortable enough. I haven't had a chance to pick up anything yet, but I'll report when I do.