Rotary Cutter just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter

/ just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
just purchased 5\' KK rotary cutter

I had been trying to decide between the NH 591 series type or the bushhog 5' cutters, as heavy duty, and higher price models, or an 'economy' KK cutter.

Well, TSC had a special that if you open up a tsc credit card, you get 10% off any purchase over 300 bucks.. that made the KK 5' cutter 512 bucks... I got it.

I just got done unloading and putting it together ( 9pm est ).

I made a few passes around the pasture to.. um.. check it out... On my second pass, I saw the wife standing at the fence giving me 'that look'... so I parke dhte tractor and came in.

Soundguy

/ just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter #2  
Re: just purchased 5\' KK rotary cutter

You'll like it. Mine is 6 years old and still going great. No rust. Paint still all on it. Does a great job cutting. KK is a very good value.

/ just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter

I was actually considdering a heavier duty model.. but for 512 bucks.. I could buy 2 KK's for nearly the price of one of the high end models I looked at...

Soundguy

/ just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter #4  

I've had my King Kutter for two seasons now, and I love it. Unless you try to cut down something huge, you'll love it. I've cut saplings up to two inch diameters with no probelm.

/ just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter #5  

Did a similar type of purchase at TSC this spring. I have been happy with the 5' cutter performance. Been using it on very high weed fields, multi-floral rose, and other small brush. I did add some lower pins and moved the swivel link, per a thread posted on TBN. Gave me more clearance between rear tire and deck. It was a quick and easy mod using a bimetal hole saw.

PS: Hope the look was for being out there late on the tractor, and not explaining the $512 on the CC. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter #6  

Purchased a 6 foot finish mower this spring for $949 and will probably buy a box scraper and second back blade with the savings.......... Not sure if they will be KK or not but the finish mower is great

Bartman

My cutting will be mostly tall dog fennel, briar, and pensacola bahai. I think there may be an orphaned mimosa tree or two sprouting out there.. but are only 1" at the base.

Soundguy

<font color=red>I've had my King Kutter for two seasons now, and I love it. Unless you try to cut down something huge, you'll love it. I've cut saplings up to two inch diameters with no probelm.

Yeah, it was for being late. She was actually the one that said 'go ahead and buy it... it will be 10% off, etc'.... can't argue with that...

I think the tractor headlights running around in the field at 9pm are what drew her attention to the late hour.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Soundguy

<font color=red>PS: Hope the look was for being out there late on the tractor, and not explaining the $512 on the CC.

/ just purchased 5' KK rotary cutter #9  

I was looking at a 5 ft KK and it sure looks smaller in size as the 5 ft Deere and First Choice...did some measuring and found out that 5 ft KK is a 5 ft deck not 5 ft cut. The others are actually 5 ft cut.....$$$ per inch of cut may not be as great a value as some think...

EDV