Satoh s650g

/ Satoh s650g #1  

meyer743

Hey all. I am now in the market for a utility tractor (I think) and wanted to know some thoughts around the Satoh s650g. I'm wondering what kind of work I can do with this 25 HP tractor. I don't want to get too much tractor, but I want to make sure I get enough. I need to pull a finish mower and bush hog. Whats the max I get, for either, that this tractor can handle? Whats my limitations on types of work I can do? Are parts hard to find and or expensive, comparitively? Any other general thoughts on this tractor would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I'm new. So I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks
Nick

/ Satoh s650g #2  
I have owned my 650G for 6 years and it is a reliable tractor that has plenty of power for your purpose. It is easy to work on and I like the fact that it is gas rather than diesel. That said, it can be challenging to get parts with most having to be ordered over the internet with the exception of basic maintenence (ignition, filters and such). If there is a weak link it would be the hydraulic pump. Mine has a front loader that has proved to be invaluable but it puts a bit more strain on the pump. With a little ingenuity I have devised a satisfactory solution in the form of a lovejoy connector. Would I buy it again? I would probably buy a JD, MF or Ford just for the sake of parts availability, but I would definitely stick with gas.

/ Satoh s650g #3  
there are lots of brands out there.you will have to see what fits your budget.different ppl experience different happenings with their tractors.i would like to say buy american but you may get more for your buck with a japanese tractor.look around see whats available and take a pick.good luck.