My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
I found several small wet spots under the front axle of my GC2410 last week. This tractor only has 16 hours on it so far and has not been abused. I tried to locate where it was leaing from but could only determine it was coming from somwhere above the hydrosatic steering piston. Rather than risk having hydraulic/oil fluid leak all over the place I called the dealership to come and get it. It was very tight up in that area and I would have had to remove the front plate to get a better picture.
The dealership has been great so far and when I called them today the found a pinhole in one of the hydrostatic steering hoses. The problem for me is it will take several days to get the hose in because it is a specialty hose. Now I either have to rent a tractor or tell my contractor to hold off on the 100 yards of dirt coming next week.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #2  
I found several small wet spots under the front axle of my GC2410 last week. This tractor only has 16 hours on it so far and has not been abused. I tried to locate where it was leaing from but could only determine it was coming from somwhere above the hydrosatic steering piston. Rather than risk having hydraulic/oil fluid leak all over the place I called the dealership to come and get it. It was very tight up in that area and I would have had to remove the front plate to get a better picture.
The dealership has been great so far and when I called them today the found a pinhole in one of the hydrostatic steering hoses. The problem for me is it will take several days to get the hose in because it is a specialty hose. Now I either have to rent a tractor or tell my contractor to hold off on the 100 yards of dirt coming next week.

Did you explain your issue to your dealer? Surely he could go to a parts store and have one made up to fit (and probably better quality too). Just my opinion but, these hoses are not top quality by any standards. Maybe get the hose and have one made up yourself, if you need the machine back.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #3  
Did you explain your issue to your dealer? Surely he could go to a parts store and have one made up to fit (and probably better quality too). Just my opinion but, these hoses are not top quality by any standards. Maybe get the hose and have one made up yourself, if you need the machine back.
I was going to suggest the same thing, but, it was already returned to the dealer. More than likely, the dealer will only replace it with the "Massey" hose, otherwise the dealer will eat the difference in price.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #4  
My Massey dealer replaces the OEM hoses with the stronger stuff which has a larger outside diameter as a standard service. The mechanic called it two-wire as opposed to the one-wire that comes with the tractors. So the AGCO line doesn't have to be the way.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #5  
Scott, be sure to give your dealer a good "Attaboy!":thumbsup: (Or maybe a case of pizzas...)

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

She is still in the shop :(

She is still in the shop :(

Well, I am of course not happy. It took my dealership 3 days to come get the tractor, Then they called me to tell me they couldn't find the leak. I had to drive there to show them where it was, imagine my surprise when we walked out back and there was three wet spots underneath the front axle. They had taken the grill and the steering column apart-I told them it was leaking under the front axle. Next day I called for an update and was told it was a specialty hose that they don't make them there-service said it would take 3-5 days to get. I waited 7 days before calling them and was told-oh yeah the part was on back order, OMG, 7 days earlier they told me it was going to take 3-5 days. Then they called me back that afternoon to say the part is now available and it will take about 7 more days. WTF!

I said look, there has to be another rescource for this hose, someone has to make this part and make it better. I was told no and that Massey wants it that way so they can keep track if theres a problem. Along with the hydraulic shuttering I am starting to regret choosing Massey. I am so glad I don't have to count in this for my lively-hood and I really feel for those that have to put up with this BS.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #9  
Just so everyone knows...that particular hose isn't a braided type of hydraulic hose as you are accustomed to...it's a special high heat, low erosion "Passtageline" hose made by Bridgestone. Next time you need one, order it from Jack's Small Engines...you'll have it in about a week to your door. If you are still under warranty, you can have the dealer credit it on the warranty repair.

Just so everyone knows...that particular hose isn't a braided type of hydraulic hose as you are accustomed to...it's a special high heat, low erosion "Passtageline" hose made by Bridgestone. Next time you need one, order it from Jack's Small Engines...you'll have it in about a week to your door. If you are still under warranty, you can have the dealer credit it on the warranty repair.

Thanks,
I tried looking up the part online but couldn't find it except for a malware riddled site from Japan. I will have to give them a call because I think I will still be able to get it much faster by ordering it from them.

This kind of reminds me of when I was an M1 Abrahms driver, a 5 million dollar machine taken out by a 20 dollar spring malfunction.