Ford 841 runs great for 45 min

/ Ford 841 runs great for 45 min #1  

Kalan

Tractor
Ford 1958 841
my 1958 Ford 841 starts and runs great for about 45 min then acts like it's running on 2 cylinders or something. At the first of the season I had to replace the water pump but prior to that had no problems. Since the problem started I have replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condenser and coil pack. Any help will be welcome.

/ Ford 841 runs great for 45 min #2  
ck the voltage at the feed wire to the coil . It should be in the 5 volt range if not make sure you didn,t install acoil with a internal resistor and it is breaking and cutting volts when warm.
2. Vopor lock was a common pronlem w/ 172 & 134 engines if so route fuel line away from muffler.
3.ck firing order is 1243 and make sure you put the little c clip on the dist. shaft under the rotor . if rotor is loose it is missing.
4 put timing light on flyweel. It should advance 4 to 6 degrees at 1800 rpm.

/ Ford 841 runs great for 45 min #4  
2. Vopor lock was a common pronlem w/ 172 & 134 engines if so route fuel line away from muffler.
QUOTE]

From the description of the problem, that is exactly what came to my mind. If it runs perfectly for 45 minutes and then acts up, that's about the time it would take to get everything hot and start the fuel to boiling. Put an ice pack on your carb to see if that helps.;)

/ Ford 841 runs great for 45 min
thanks for the info from everyone. the power was good. I was leaning more towards the fuel getting hotter. I worked with the line some and ensured my coolant was topped off then worked it hard this past Saturday. It went for about an hour and half before it started slowing down again. my temp guage went to around 240 (i was watching it) before it started so i have to wonder if my water pump which was installed the first of this year is not quite up to par.

/ Ford 841 runs great for 45 min #6  
I would try the ice pack thing as Jinman suggested....

/ Ford 841 runs great for 45 min #7  
easy to flow test the water pump with a garden hose in the rad top hose neck to keep her topped off.., and top hose aimed at a bucket, after you remove thermo.

garden hose doesn't need to be jetting.. just makign up for loss. use a rag as a gasket...