Oil & Fuel Oil Sending Unit

/ Oil Sending Unit #1  

rhugg

Tractor
MF 1010
B7100HST, have 50 psi at operating RPM. Oil light is always on, checked sending unit with wire disconnected it is always grounding. So I need a new sending unit. Is this something I can get at a normal automotive parts place or will I need to wait for and pay for the official orange one?

/ Oil Sending Unit #2  
To worry over oil pressures is such a waste of time. The engine will stop if you don't have enough!

Probably a metric fitting without looking. It s your choice.

Kubota price is 16.43

Last edited:
   / Oil Sending Unit #3  
B7100HST, have 50 psi at operating RPM. Oil light is always on, checked sending unit with wire disconnected it is always grounding. So I need a new sending unit. Is this something I can get at a normal automotive parts place or will I need to wait for and pay for the official orange one?

If it controls the light then it's an oil pressure switch not a sender. So when you remove the one wire the light goes off...is that correct? Then if you ground the wire the light goes on? If that's the case you need a normally closed oil pressure switch . It's probably 1/8" NPT which is the most common. You can get whatever pressure you want...probably 10 or 15 psi is a good range. I would get one from an auto parts store but I don't think Kubota would charge too much for one...at least call your dealer to find out.

/ Oil Sending Unit
Replaced with Kubota part ($15-20 I forget), all is well. Switch is just a ground so yes when I pulled the wire it goes out. Had the wire been grounding somewhere else it would not have gone out.

Thanks