CK 30 tiller size

/ CK 30 tiller size #1  

Cape Breton

Tractor
CK30 HST with FEL
Hello

I am looking into a tiller for the CK30. The dealer thinks a 6 foot tiller is too big, but I need almost that to cover the wheel tracks. The CK 30 seems to have lots of power, I think it could do the 5 footer. We have mostly clay around the place.

What size of tiller are people using?
Any experience with different sizes on the CK 30?

We have a 64" snow blower, which worked wonderful and never even seemed to work the tractor. The 60" finishing mower has worked hard on 5' gras/hay in the field. The tractor seems to like to work hard.

Thanks for any ideas.

/ CK 30 tiller size #2  
If you check Kioti's website the largest they reccomend is a 65".

/ CK 30 tiller size #3  
We sell the 60 inch Hawkline or Tarter gear drive tiller with 6 tines per rotor for $1595 + shipping. Ken Sweet

/ CK 30 tiller size #4  
I use a 5 ft kk on my ck30,,it covers the tracks[barely] but it does,,dirt spreads out a little,,plus you generally go over it twice any ways[at least for a garden],,5ft will work fine for you,,6 ft might be a bit much...

/ CK 30 tiller size #5  
Both my tillers are 66" and cover my R4 wheel tracks on my CK30.

Attachments

• DSC_0079.JPG
    DSC_0079.JPG
    461.7 KB · Views: 526
   / CK 30 tiller size #6  
I have the Bush Hog 62" tiller. It's worked well on clay/established pasture soil. FWIW, the service manual (p. 1-42) states that a tiller up to 72" can be used with a CK30.
You always have the option to remove the blades off of one or two flanges for hard soil tilling, then add them back on when the soil has been loosened. You'll find that 6' is quite handy on loose soil.

/ CK 30 tiller size #7  
I went through the same exercise a couple years ago with my CK 25 gear & R4's. After much input I went with a 5' KK, which covers my tracks nicely. And it's a brute. It's become my favorite implement.

My soils are very nice silt loams with lots of cobbles but no clay and it pulls it just fine. When a bit wet and lots of gray dogwood root mass, 1st gear in 4wd. Same plot the next year and in nice conditions, 2nd gear 2wd is fine. And I till in a lot of lime, fertilizer and seed with it in 3rd gear with it set shallow and the rear gate open.

I wouldn't be afraid of a 6 footer with a CK 30 gear, although a 5 footer WILL cover your tracks. -WSJ

/ CK 30 tiller size #8  
5 ft kk on my lk3054

Perfect fit

One sper tough tiller as my soil is primarily basketball sized rocks

/ CK 30 tiller size
Thanks for all the replies.

I will begin the search for a good price on a 60" or 66". Sounds like the 60" will cover my tracks and be better for our clay/old pasture.

Looking forward working up more soil. :)