UNKNOWN Farm/Lawn piece of Machinery anyone help?

/ UNKNOWN Farm/Lawn piece of Machinery anyone help? #1  

GixXxerkid18

Good Afternoon,

I live in an old farm house that used to once be a thriving farm. Yesterday I decided to go through one of our old barns and stumbled upon this piece of machinery. I figured out that it is some sort of shear that would be used to cut down brush, maybe high grass something of that nature. The Engine is a Briggs and Stratton 4 cycle: numbers as follows: Model# NPR6 Type# 307055 Serial# 1535097. I Believe it may be a John Deere as for the main handle bars and front forks are yellow and the frame and machine itself is green though I cannot find any significant markers such as the name or Deere symbol. The engine operates 3 pulleys through flywheels which act like a locomotive in the way its driven and thus then converts the motion from vertical motion to horizontal making the shears go back in forth. I am very interested in restoring this piece of equipment but would like opinions of others and if possible a link to somewhere that describes what this is. Thank you very much and input is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bobby

OldFarmequipment001.jpg

OldFarmequipment005.jpg

OldFarmequipment004.jpg

OldFarmequipment003.jpg

OldFarmequipment002.jpg

OldFarmequipment008.jpg

OldFarmequipment006.jpg

/ UNKNOWN Farm/Lawn piece of Machinery anyone help? #2  
Might try to google Jari sickle mower. Looks like an early model

T.J.

/ UNKNOWN Farm/Lawn piece of Machinery anyone help?
Alright I'll try that I managed to find out alot about the motor even have the manual just nothing on the machine itself from Briggs and Stratton the engine was manufactured between 1943-1954 but thank you for the information

/ UNKNOWN Farm/Lawn piece of Machinery anyone help? #4  
Bobby,

Upon closer inspection of the sickle bar, Gary (from Jari USA) has proclaimed that your mower is indeed a Kinco.

You have quite the collector's item there!

Should you ever decide to replace any of the knives, ours will work for you.

Jari USA, Home of the Jari Sickle Mower

Nancy