Price Check Iseki 2202 value?

/ Iseki 2202 value? #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
There is an Iseki 2202 package for sale near me. I am considering buying the package and then selling the tractor with the attachments I don't need. But, I need to convince the CFO that I will be able to make back what I put into it.

What can I expect to get for a 4x4 18 speed Iseki 2202 (reportedly has new belts, hoses, battery, front tires) with a 4' brush hog, a 6' 3pt finish mower?

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ Iseki 2202 value?
Looking around on CL and Ebay, I see that "Off Brand" tractors such as Iseki and Yanmar in this size range seem to be selling in the $2000 to $3000 price range with just the tractor. Should I be able to get $3000-$4000 for the tractor and the two mowers?

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ Iseki 2202 value? #3  
Do your research first. Is the 2202 a Grey market tractor? Or is it a tractor which has a sister made under another name which was sold in the US. Many Bolens are just rebranded Iseki.

In case you don't know a Grey market tractor was never manufactored to be sold in the US. Many have been and are bing imported as used tractors but parts are sometimes scarce.

Some folks won't buy Grey market tractors. Other don't care. I own a TS2205 Iseki and mine is a Grey market tractor. I can buy used parts and some after market parts in the states through the mail. There is one Iseki dealer in the US and that is in Hawaii.

If I need big parts they must be ordered from Japan.

So make sure you know what you are buying. I bought my TS2205 about 5 years ago for $1,800.00.

Don

Hope this helps.

Don

/ Iseki 2202 value? #4  
These tractors are shipped over from Japan/China/Tiwan etc. in very large shipping containers on very large ocean going vessels, I'm not quite sure how many are placed in these large containers, It's known that they have to be reassembled by the buyer/dealer and are classed as a Greymarket tractor since these tractors are used in the rice fields, these rice fields are very wet/damp,I'm not too sure if they are reconditioned, but buying them this way in large lots involves shipping charges/assembly taxes etc. are then passed on to you, the consumer,the idea of this or anything shipped over from Europe in large lots is to make some money,now if someone that knows more than what I'm sayin' here wants to chime in,I'm interested in learning the true facts,if you can get this tractor for a good price and I do mean,at least around $1000/ $2000 less than the used going price, by all means buy it and maybe try to make some money from your investment,one important thing to keep in mind is "condition" how many true hrs. on the clock,how are the tires,are they weather checked any dry rot?,has it been recently repainted/dents/rust etc. ,keep in mind also that replacement new or used parts for these greymarket tractors are very hard to find, Len from this forum can supply you with many new or used parts, they are a bit exspensive,what ever you have to do to get it in resalable condition must be added to your sellin' price,I hope this helps you decied what you want to do,If I had known all this when I was buyin' my Bolens/ISEKI tractor,I would have told the guy what I knew or heard about these greymarket tractors , I probley could have bought it for much less than the $3200.00 I offered him from his original asking price of $3500.00,I did then and still do love my little BOLENS/ISEKI 3 cyl. diesel 4x4 G-174 it's been 3 years since I bought it, at the time after lookin' at every brand name of Lawn/Yard/Garden tractor new or used, I decieded on this Greymarket compact tractor for ploughin' snow up here in Ontario Canada,where we get lots of the white stuff every year and it ploughs snow fast and easy without chains even with the used truck tiresI replaced from the original rotted liquid filled tires,please don't take me wrong,I'm not running down these tractors, only supplyin' the facts for buying and makin' a profit.....Thanks Don,you pretty well explained it, seems you were replyin' the same time as I was........take care....Ampa

Last edited:
   / Iseki 2202 value?
I have read quite a bit about grey market tractors here on TBN and what people have gone through with them, so I am comfortable with checking on that stuff. I am a fair mechanic, but I would be buying this to resell the tractor and the implements I don't need so I hope to not have to do any work on it.

From what I understand, this seems like someone got it and used it for a while, but I cannot be certain. It is an hour and a half away, so I will need to see some pictures before I drive down there with a few thousand dollars in my pocket.

Is there anyone who has complied a list of cross references for Iseki tractors or of grey market models?

Thanks

AaroN Z

/ Iseki 2202 value? #6  
I have read quite a bit about grey market tractors here on TBN and what people have gone through with them, so I am comfortable with checking on that stuff. I am a fair mechanic, but I would be buying this to resell the tractor and the implements I don't need so I hope to not have to do any work on it.

From what I understand, this seems like someone got it and used it for a while, but I cannot be certain. It is an hour and a half away, so I will need to see some pictures before I drive down there with a few thousand dollars in my pocket.

Is there anyone who has complied a list of cross references for Iseki tractors or of grey market models?

Thanks

AaroN Z

I found this as I was searching on google.

"Iseki is a world renowned brand name. The company, Iseki & Co. Ltd is based in Tokyo, which is the capital of Japan. The company manufactures engines, components, and machinery. The production of Iseki tractor began in the year 1961. Since then, people from different countries have been using them under different brand names such as Bolens, Massey Ferguson, White and AGCO. The designs inspired the early TYM or Tong Yang tractors. There are some models that were basically sold in Japan and were made by France痴 Massey Ferguson and Italy痴 Landini."

I was searching for something like Puddin's List I have found a crossover guide on his list. But if you contact Len a poster on here he can tell you what Iseki is what other brand.

Len contact information is:

Leonard Sheaffer
sheaftractor@grics.net
Japanese Tractor Repair Dixon, IL

Hope this helps.

Don

/ Iseki 2202 value? #7  
it ploughs snow fast and easy without chains even with the used truck tires I replaced from the original rotted liquid filled tires

Mind telling me what tires you installed?

/ Iseki 2202 value? #8  
I bought a well used set of Bridgestone truck tires last summer, they have maybe if lucky around 1/3 of tread remaining, the casings were in excellent condition,I really had my doubts that they would expand enough to fit the very wide rear rims of my G-174 Bolens/ISEKI,but the young asian lad that worked at this tire shop assured me they would,I no sooner told him that I would believe him if I seen it with my own eyes,and one little "POP" and it was installed that was last year,and so far no loss of air in either of the rear tires,these tires have a nice grip type pattern,and even though they are well worn they are not rounded like the old rotted/weather checked filled Turf tires,that gave out on me,bein' truck tires they are much wider than your normal car tires, when these old tires wear down to the nitty gritty, and for the price of these tires brand new,I would go this route,Cowboy recommended usin' this type tire as the best replacement,he told me this is what he uses,I'm not to sure if he leaves them on or they are temporary till he finds an original used set,please chime in here Bob and let us know,in the mean time I have no problem keepin' these tires on for at least a coulple more winter seasons.....take care.....Ampa