What's the story at Markham Welding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What's the story at Markham Welding? #1  

HarleyMonster

Tractor
Kubota L47 & L3200
Today, 9/29/10, I received a strange email from Christine Loflin [markhamwelding@hotmail.com].

The email states that "Mrs. Markham", who I am assuming is Milissa Markham, is no longer affiliated with Gator Attachments or Markham Welding.

Milissa was the sweetest gal to work with and their products are outstanding, they came to me better than I expected and the customer service from Milissa was the BEST!

I am concerned for Milissa because I like dealing with her so much.

Anyone know what is really going on at Markham (Gator Attachments)? I would like to have the straight skinny.

Here is the email I received today:

This is Christie Loflin from Gator Attachments. This email is owned by Gator Attachments as of May 2009. The prior email was sent by Mrs. Markham who is no longer affiliated with Gator Attachments or Markham Welding. The quality of our product is top priority as it always has been. Please contact us with any questions or concerns that you may have. Our telephone number is 336-859-5017.

Thank you,
Christie Loflin
Christie@GatorAttachments.com

Wishing you the most prosperous year ever! Office Manager Gator Attachments, LLC "Grabit with a Gator" Gator Attachments

/ What's the story at Markham Welding? #2  
It sounds like the Markham's have sold out.

/ What's the story at Markham Welding? #3  
I spoke to the Gator office yesterday and spoke with Nina, as well as a Gent who's name I didn't get. They were both first-class and very helpful!!

I haven't spoken to Melissa for a few day, so I guess it's possible.

If the Markham's have chosen to sell their business, lets word it that way instead of saying they 'sold out'. I'm sure not ill-intend was meant by the comment, but Rob Thomas 'sold out', Rascal Flatts 'sold out', Dylan sold out (Cadillac Commercial??) - the Markhams have built a great company with great products and provided absolutely world-class service.

If they're still around, great. If they've moved on, great too!! JUST PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING SO YOU CAN BUILD ME STUFF!!!

From the call I had yesterday with Gator, I think we'll all be just fine!!!

-J.

ps - if there are new owners - DONT JACK THE PRICES ON US!!!

/ What's the story at Markham Welding?
The point is...What happened to Melissa and Allan?

If they sold their business, good for them. I am just concerned and would like to know the truth because I care for them as great people...at least they were great to me.

The whackadoodle email I received just doesn't make sense and I would like to know what is going on.

/ What's the story at Markham Welding? #7  
I ordered two items recently at Markham / Gator. Both times I tried to talk with Melissa whom I had dealt with about a year ago.....but both times I was told she was not available....and that "I can help you".

I had a level of confidence in talking with Melissa previously....but not so much on my recent order for a Root Grapple. (I ordered a Grapple for a JD tractor but it came with SS Flat Hydraulic Connectors and not Pioneer Couplers....kinda a rookie mistake). Same on a tooth bar....talked about spacing on bucket teeth...but was met with a sort of "indifference". Maybe it's just me?

At any rate....some kinda change has taken place....(for sure at the order placement end)...AND I think some clarification of ownership is needed....and owed to the customers. :confused:

/ What's the story at Markham Welding? #8  
The point is...What happened to Melissa and Allan?

If they sold their business, good for them. I am just concerned and would like to know the truth because I care for them as great people...at least they were great to me.

The whackadoodle email I received just doesn't make sense and I would like to know what is going on.

Apologies. I didn't realize you were actually concerned, thought you were just wondering.

Let us know what you find out.

-Jer.

/ What's the story at Markham Welding? #9  
At any rate....some kinda change has taken place....(for sure at the order placement end)...AND I think some clarification of ownership is needed....and owed to the customers. :confused:

I disagree.
In the event the Markhams no longer own the business they owe past customers nothing. If they are enjoying the peace & quiet of life outside the business world, maybe they don't want to be hassled by curious former customers. Perhaps the new owners are following the Markham's wishes as to how these inquiries are handled.

/ What's the story at Markham Welding? #10  
I for one am happy to hear that the Markhams have possibly moved on to greener pastures. But I'm also worried that the new owners of Gator will not do business the same. It seemed Markham welding was always willing to make it right or the way the customer wanted it. Extra teeth on a tooth bar, extra tines on a grapple or even different gauge metal for the tines. All were accommodated without much fuss. That was great business model to follow.

To the Markhams, if you have moved on I wish you "Fair seas and following winds" in your new endeavors.

Wedge

Status
Not open for further replies.