Backup Camera to hook up trailer

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #1  

jimmer2880

Platinum Member
Tractor
'05 Kubota BX1830
I want to get a camera to help in backing up to hook up the trailer.

I've seen the license plate style. They look pretty simple.

But - like anything, I'm sure there are junk ones and good ones.

Who has any experience with them?

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #2  
I bought the license plate style B/up cam for my truck. It was on sale when I ordered my cat back exhaust system so I bought it. I installed it in about an hour. It took an hour because I wired it up to an on/off switch under the dash instead of wiring it into the backup light circuit.
It works great for me, My hitch sticks out far enough for the camera to see it and I can back right under the trailer hitch in one shot. No more getting out of the truck to see how close I am or whether I have to go more left or right. I only cost me $50. so thought I'd give it a try. The only problem I have is it transmits on the same frequency as my home security cameras so if I'm close to one of them I get some interference (cross channel).

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #3  
I bought the license plate style B/up cam for my truck. It was on sale when I ordered my cat back exhaust system so I bought it. I installed it in about an hour. It took an hour because I wired it up to an on/off switch under the dash instead of wiring it into the backup light circuit.
It works great for me, My hitch sticks out far enough for the camera to see it and I can back right under the trailer hitch in one shot. No more getting out of the truck to see how close I am or whether I have to go more left or right. I only cost me $50. so thought I'd give it a try. The only problem I have is it transmits on the same frequency as my home security cameras so if I'm close to one of them I get some interference (cross channel).
Any info on this camera? What size screen?

Aaron Z

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #4  
My 09 F150 has the stock back up camera. It is a wonederful feature. It has a center line that lines up with the hitch.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #6  
auto zone has one has anyone tried it?

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #7  
   / Backup Camera to hook up trailer #8  
My 09 F150 has the stock back up camera. It is a wonederful feature. It has a center line that lines up with the hitch.

Same here on my 08 Titan. Its displayed on the large 8" nav screen. I do not know how I got by with out it all these years. Sure wish I had them on my other 2 trucks but I feel I would be disappointed with a after market unit after having this fully integrated factory unit with such a large screen.

Chris

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #9  
09 Tacoma has one, I use a trailer about 80% of the time I drive it. Very nice feature. 2" display on the rear view mirror... :thumbsup: Mounted by the tailgate latch.

/ Backup Camera to hook up trailer #10  
I'm considering one of these: iBall Camera I've seen pretty good reviews of it on other forums. I like it because there is nothing to wire in and I could switch it between the Silverado and the Suburban quite easily.