Needed 1 1/8 threaded grade 8 or higher

/ Needed 1 1/8 threaded grade 8 or higher #1  

scurvy

I would appreciate a good reference to purchase on line a piece of 1 1/8 thread stud/rod, grade eight or higher,preferably threaded on the ends and smooth in the middle,needs to be at least 7 1/2"long.

Thanks

The Scurve

/ Needed 1 1/8 threaded grade 8 or higher #2  
I looked in your profile and found nothing as to where you live, but if you live anywhere near any oilfield you could check an oilfield supply co. such as National Oilwell, or if not oilfield any good Industrial supply company should be able to help you, or direct you to where you can find what you need. Check Yellow Pages for Industrial Supplies, maybe. Good luck,
Don

/ Needed 1 1/8 threaded grade 8 or higher #3  
You can find it here; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mcmaster.com/>mcmaster carr supply co</A>
I can't post a url to the exact page, they're pdf files, but look under fastening and sealing, threaded studs and rods. They have a number of grades and styles.

I have dealt with the company in the past. They are first rate, will have the item in your hand in a couple of days at a fair shipping cost.

Dave

/ Needed 1 1/8 threaded grade 8 or higher #4  
Any Caterpillar dealer should be able to fix you up.Cat uses nothing but grade #8.sae and nc. Sid