NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON 6400

/ NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON 6400 #1  

jenpepper

Tractor
Several
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON THE 6400 JD PLEASE!!!! I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT.:confused:

/ NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON 6400 #2  
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON THE 6400 JD PLEASE!!!! I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT.:confused:

What is it doing and what seems to be the problem?

/ NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON 6400
WELL IT IS NOT STARTING IN PARK. WE KNOW THAT IT IS THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH AND WE HAVE THE PART BUT I CANT LOCATE IT ON THE TRACTORS TRANNY....CAN YOU GUIDE ME TO IT PLEASE?

/ NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON 6400 #4  
Welcome to TBN Jen:D

We need to know what transmission option you have, I just looked in JDParts and there are few options, and all of them have the NSS in different places. You can look also if you register (for free) at www.jdparts.com

There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature if you need help with it. Also, please turn off the CAPS lock...It is considered YELLING in online forums and it's very hard to read.

Thanks so much for the info! I will take advantage of that link. Sorry about the caps lock, habit but, it would be fitting considering the frusteration last night. i will post how it works out and the location too, in case anyone else needs to know.

jen

/ NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ON 6400 #6  
Good luck Jen:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
Whew!!! I got it, it was on the right side of the tranny buried under about 3inches of crud. Once I found it it took about 13 seconds to change it out and she fired up like a champ. That makes the third tractor this week. Two of the tractors had fuel issues and it turned out to be crud in the tanks and bad fuel pumps. Takeing those tanks off was an experiance too. I am getting a crash course in JD 101.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I plan on sticking with this site. :thumbsup: